bag / pannier for suit

GordonFreeman
GordonFreeman Posts: 120
edited March 2012 in Commuting general
I've seen the Slicks bag but it doesn't seem to convert into a pannier, which means sweaty back from rucksack.
I've also seen the Vaude Cycle 25.
Any ideas what these 2 bags are like or if there are any other alternatives for cycling to work and carrying a suit and laptop along?
Also, do these bags fit shoes in them as well?

Comments

• bromyG
    bromyG Posts: 59
    Can't you leave the suit and shoes at work and then just transport the rest in your bag? Better than carrying them in every day.

Red Brompton S6L
  • Not really, there are no lockers...and walking into work in shorts or with trainers to change shoes isn't going to give a good impression :)
  • Not really, there are no lockers...and walking into work in shorts or with trainers to change shoes isn't going to give a good impression :)

Balls to the impression it gives on your own time when they seem not to be providing any facility for people not wishing to use motor transport (inc PT) it may be the opener for a chat about some basic facilities

Unless its sackable to arrive less than immaculately groomed or is an excuse not to ride, could you improvise, suit in coat rack/under desk/in staff room?

Otherwise I have a full size suit pannier made by Altura, it includes an external shoe pocket & sits at an angle on the rack to give good heel clearance, up to ~size8 is fine with SPDs, bigger than that & you're clipping the bag each turn or have to pedal a bit further onto the middle of the foot - easily do'able but feels a bit odd at first from a normal pedal position.
  • Unless its sackable to arrive less than immaculately groomed or is an excuse not to ride, could you improvise, suit in coat rack/under desk/in staff room?

You still have to walk through the office in your cycling kit!
    I dunno about you but even as a cyclist myself, if I saw someone walking through the office in shorts/lycra, I'd think wtf.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Unless its sackable to arrive less than immaculately groomed or is an excuse not to ride, could you improvise, suit in coat rack/under desk/in staff room?

You still have to walk through the office in your cycling kit!
    I dunno about you but even as a cyclist myself, if I saw someone walking through the office in shorts/lycra, I'd think wtf.

Ah, no, lighten up. Many a time I've wandered about in my kit, usually to Max Wall comments but hey ho. People know I cycle & sometimes do it in funny clothes. Not a biggy for them or me, I think ties are more ridiculous personally
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the trick is to leave your jacket at work, and carry the rest. Trousers fold in half and half again, shoes at work, shirt can be shop folded.

Result