RS Rev Team can it be improved by tf tuned?

jairaj
jairaj Posts: 3,009
edited February 2012 in MTB general
I need to send my Rockshox forks for a service and was wondering if I should get the Push Tuning option too?

I have RockShox Rev Teams from 2010 I already have loads of adjustment so not sure what more TF can offer? They have dual air chambers, rebound adjust and compression adjust a u-turn spring and a lockout threshold thingy that I never use.

I can't find any detailed information on the TF Tuned website on what they actually do and was wondering if there would be much improvement in the extra tuning?

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    They tweek the internals to your style of riding so yes they can improve the fork, give them a call and they will talk you through what they do.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • jairaj
    Was going to call them tomorrow but thought I'd ask on here too for an unbiased view.

In what way do they tweak the internals? As said I have loads of adjustment externally on the fork to adjust to my personal preference.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Do they offer a PUSH option for blackbox Revs now? Wasn't an option last time I spoke to them. They could probably adjust the tune etc to your taste (this can go beyond the compression adjustment you have, incidentally, there's a lot more to it than just more or less compression damping, you might want more low speed compression but less high frinstance.

Personally I reckon if you don't feel there's a need to upgrade, don't. But TF should be able to tell you what the options are, give 'em a ring.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    Do they offer a PUSH option for blackbox Revs now? Wasn't an option last time I spoke to them. They could probably adjust the tune etc to your taste (this can go beyond the compression adjustment you have, incidentally, there's a lot more to it than just more or less compression damping, you might want more low speed compression but less high frinstance.

Personally I reckon if you don't feel there's a need to upgrade, don't. But TF should be able to tell you what the options are, give 'em a ring.

Worst. Advice. Ever :D
  • jairaj
    Northwind wrote:
    Do they offer a PUSH option for blackbox Revs now?

Nope they don't offer Push tuning for Black Box revs. Mine are normal motion control not black box.

Sounds like I probably don't feel the need to upgrade but shall have a chat with TF tuned see if they can convince me send some more money
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    If they're 2010 Teams then they're blackbox :? Standard Moco from 2010 would make them Race or possibly an OEM designation.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • jairaj
    Yes they are some OEM forks