chain reaction your having a laugh.

foy
foy Posts: 296
edited February 2012 in MTB general
Saw some avid elixir 1 disc brakes for £45 front and £45 rear and my mate was after a pair for his bike so i rang chain reaction up and guess what? They dont come with the cables or the bolts to fit the rotors to the hubs. Is this normal when you are purchasing disc brakes? Seems a bit of a mick take if you want my humble opinion.

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    edited February 2012
    supersonic wrote:

If it is these I can tell you they come with everthing, I bought a 160 rear for my DMR, Rotor, adaptor, bolts, cable, fully bleed, all included.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I should hope they don't come with cables as they're hydraulic. As for the lack of rotor bolts, they are probably OEM spec brakes. It's only a few quid for rotor bolts so you're still quids in.
  • foy
    I can assure you mancity that they do not come with hoses or bolts and the ones in your link are the identical ones that i rang about today.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    foy wrote:
    I can assure you mancity that they do not come with hoses or bolts and the ones in your link are the identical ones that i rang about today.
    I'm pretty sure he just said that he actually bought them, and they did come with hoses etc. In which case that overrides whatever you said.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • foy
    So what you are saying is that i am telling lies or chain reaction are telling lies or mancity is telling lies. give chain reaction a ring tomorrow to find out the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ilovedirt
    I'd say that you've spoken to a rep that probably doesn't know all that much about bikes/what they were selling.

And !!!!!!!!! to you too.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • foy
    I gave him the reference number as well so if he has given me the wrong information then he should not be working for chain reaction. But why should i be surprised because it does not really matter if you ring your bank, utility company, or most other companies as a matter of fact, they are staffed by imbeciles who give you duff information all the time because they are simply not up to the job.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think you should run everything then all our problems would be solved.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • foy
    The problem with 99% of young folk who go into employment today is that most of them are brain dead from overuse of computer games and totally useless must have electronic gadgets. I am a teacher and you would be amazed at the number of pupils who cannot read and write and their only interest in life is texting garbage to each other on their mobile phones. A study was carried out and teenagers had to do without their mobile phones and internet for two whole weeks, and many of them suffered the same trauma and withdrawal symptoms as heroin addicts coming off the drug. How pathetic is that!
  • ilovedirt
    CRC have gotten worse and worse recently anyway.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • 1mancity2
    Box it came in,

Picture212.jpg

Rotor and Bolts (wheel already has one so not needed),

Picture213.jpg

Lever with hose connected,

Picture214.jpg

Caliper with hose connected (needs shortening),

Picture215.jpg

Nuff said............
  • foy wrote:
    The problem with 99% of young folk who go into employment today is that most of them are brain dead from overuse of computer games and totally useless must have electronic gadgets. I am a teacher and you would be amazed at the number of pupils who cannot read and write and their only interest in life is texting garbage to each other on their mobile phones. A study was carried out and teenagers had to do without their mobile phones and internet for two whole weeks, and many of them suffered the same trauma and withdrawal symptoms as heroin addicts coming off the drug. How pathetic is that!

LOL, you've got a bright outlook on people my age, especially for being a teacher.

And what has that little rant got to do with CRC specifically? By he way, we're not all brain dead. I play alot of video game, and text alot, but also own my own company at the age of 22.
  • 1mancity2
    foy wrote:
    I am a teacher and you would be amazed at the number of pupils who cannot read and write and their only interest in life is texting garbage to each other on their mobile phones.

My wife is a teacher and yeah you get children coming into secondary schools who can't read or write but they mostly come from homes were the parents don't care, but you also get children who can read and write far beyond their age, parents care, nothing todo with computers, mobile phones is parental input thats the key....

Rant over :evil:
  • I'd hate to be taught by you. That's probably why they spend all their time on their mobile phones.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    foy wrote:

What a flawed outlook on the pupils you teach!! God help them!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Wait, so mobile phones and the internet are gateway drugs that lead to heroin?

Sweet.

It's all Wiggles fault anyway.
  • Dirtrider
    Dirtrider Posts: 1,611
    standard teacher really. I realised as soon as I got my degree that I was as well qualified as any of the teachers I had, infact probably better as I went to a good uni and studied a good subject.

Your not going to find amazingly bright people working in Chain reaction, as its not exactly a job with huge ambitions.
    For Sale:

Specialized P3 Frame

Marzocchi Z2 Atom 80mm
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Dirtrider wrote:
    standard teacher really. I realised as soon as I got my degree that I was as well qualified as any of the teachers I had, infact probably better as I went to a good uni and studied a good subject.

Your not going to find amazingly bright people working in Chain reaction, as its not exactly a job with huge ambitions.

Don't tar all teachers with the same brush :roll:

If you're more highly qualified than teachers perhaps you should know when to use 'your' and 'you're' :wink:
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    relevant:
    grammar_nazi.jpg
    :lol:
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    (While I was typing this out, it looks like I've been beaten to the punch, but fark it; eloquence takes time.)
    foy wrote:
    I am a teacher and you would be amazed at the number of pupils who cannot read and write

Considering the lack of capitalisation in your topic header, not to mention the misspelling of 'you're' and other such gems in your posts like 'How pathetic is that!' (PRO TIP: Questions end with a Question Mark, not an Exclamation Mark), I deduce that you're pulling our collective plonkers. If I'm wrong and you are in fact a teacher, you probably teach R.E or something equally useless as a knock on effect of not being able to aquire gainful employment with your Media Studies Degree; your heart's not in it (a crucial ellement for any vocational work) and the kids know it, so why should they care? Maybe you should quit your teaching job and go find work at Chain Reaction. You could whip them all into shape; be the smartest guy in the warehouse. Or you could just accept that the guy on the other end of the phone isn't a biking god who can browse forums all day for knowledge and is in actual fact just a normal guy doing a crappy job for crappy pay. If you have a complaint and you don't get the answer you want, then politely escalate the complaint to someone who might be able to help you. Bursting into the forums with all guns blazing and calling the staff at Chain Reaction imbeciles is unlikely to accrue you much sympathy, to be honest.
  • Dirtrider
    Dirtrider Posts: 1,611
    English was never my strong point (similar to most teachers), massive apologies for my incorrect use of your/you're.

However, I have only good experiences of Chain reaction.
    For Sale:

Specialized P3 Frame

Marzocchi Z2 Atom 80mm
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Last time I looked this thread was about some hydraulic disc brakes.

Kids these days.
  • Concorde wrote:
    Dirtrider wrote:

If you're more highly qualified than teachers perhaps you should know when to use 'your' and 'you're' :wink:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm guessing English Language wasn't his chosen 'good subject.'

On to more pressing matters. What we really need to know is whether or not member 'mancity', can confirm or deny if Haribo arrived with his order? :D
  • larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    foy wrote:
    So what you are saying is that i am telling lies or chain reaction are telling lies or mancity is telling lies. give chain reaction a ring tomorrow to find out the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he's not saying that you retard or he would of said that. God I hate people like you who say sh*t like that. I would hate to have been taught by you. All the children in your class are probably really clever and really switched on in other lessons. They may all seem idiots in your eyes but I bet you more than half of them go to to secure far better jobs than being a school teacher.
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It is a well known fact that CRC have a list of people they don't like so they can delay deliveries to them.*
    Presumably they have now extended this to misinformation.

* I totally made this up, like most of the sh1t on the net.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 1mancity2
    Concorde wrote:
    Dirtrider wrote:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm guessing English Language wasn't his chosen 'good subject.'

On to more pressing matters. What we really need to know is whether or not member 'mancity', can confirm or deny if Haribo arrived with his order? :D

Thats Superstarcomponents bud, and yeah got some with my grips :lol:
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Stav wrote:
    relevant:
    grammar_nazi.jpg
    :lol:
    damn, really? that means, either my teachers were crap, or its just too long ago to remember :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
This discussion has been closed.