anyone done any cannock chase skills courses

stanny_uk
stanny_uk Posts: 147
edited March 2012 in MTB general
thinking about some tutition to help me out anyone done any good ones at cannock my local trail?? i see theres a couple operating out of there..

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I used chase skills, Craig was very good, I'm a lot more confident and capable since doing the course (advanced trail riding).
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I've used Cycleactive and TheBikeSchool.

Cycleactive was a couple of years back and I did both a general trail riding course and a jumps and drops course. General trail riding went over the basics of body position, braking, vision and the like and was very good for me at the time, if only for the fact my vision vastly improved and my speed with it. The course was held on the Dog (I did it pre-Monkey) but this may have changed now. The jumps and drops one took place over Stile Cop and was ok - it focussed mainly on drops as pre-Monkey there weren't many tabletops around. I wasn't as impressed with this course but now the Monkey provides better training facilities it may have changed. As the trainers aren't local you will probably be learning on the main trail which could cause issues if it's a busy day (height of Summer, etc.).

TheBikeschool is a couple of local lads (Adam and Harry). They are very friendly and I've done both a general skills course and a private session. The general course was very good, and I picked up a massive amount in relation to cornering. They know the Chase and take you away from the busy bits to practice before returning to the main trails so you can see how much you've improved. The style of teaching is quite relaxed and not too prescriptive - only you know whether this is a good thing or not for you... Personally they are my preferred choice.

(I've not used Craig Rogers so cannot compare there though)

I believe both Thebikeschool and Craig do free guided rides? Perhaps tag along on one to see which instructor you prefer, but either way I'm sure your money will be well spent - I've not regretted any skills course as I've always brought something new away...

Best of luck!

James
  • i know there,s things that both scare me and want to work on which i would hope is good thing if you can explain where you struggle,,have emailed bike school as they have more dates avail
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I went with the Bike School on a 1-to-1 in November - found it to be highly enlightening and highly entertaining. Money well spent.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thanks for the great feedback guys!

Glad you got a better understanding on how to do certain skills, when there broken down into simply exercise.

Stanny UK have we responded to your email, we have been experiencing some problems receiving emails lately.

Cheers Adam @ www.thebikeschool.net
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Thanks for the great feedback guys!

Wouldn't say it, if I didn't mean it.

You taught this old dog some news tricks. Hopefully, later in the year I'll be getting the girlie to spend some time with you, too.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.