Shimano SLX and Hayes Stroker Ryde - Direct Mounting Options

Jimfrandisco
Jimfrandisco Posts: 210
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi. I have Shimano SLX SL-M66 shifters, that i bought specifically in order to remove the indicator windows and mount inboard of the Hayes levers to allow for one finger braking.
However the two side by side still don't allow for a good position - Does anyone know if there is something similar to the Hope Direct Shifter Mounts available that could replace the Hayes clamp and allow for direct mounting of the gear lever...or even would the hope mounts work on Hayes?
Thanks
Jim

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    In short, no. The hope mounts only work with Hope brakes, and I think SRAM or XT/XTR shifters right now. Shimano do their own version, but its only good with their brakes and XT/XTR shifters. Have you tried switching the levers round so the shifters are inboard of the brakes. Some people prefer it that way to allow the brakes to be further in.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Thanks for the info - i suspected i was expecting a little too much. Have tried the other way around, but still can't get the positioning i'd prefer. So it's either change brakes or shifters, or try and fabricate something myself...unlikely to be a success!
    cheers