Computer recommendation

davegore2005
davegore2005 Posts: 87
edited February 2012 in Commuting general
As much as I would like to believe it, the speed ratings on my Bell wireless computer shows my doing 45mph into a headwind, so it's time for a change.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable, reasonably priced wired in (or wireless) computer for my commute info and just general leisure rides??.
Any advice appreciated.
Dave

Comments

• I used and was pleased with the Cateye Micro before I splurged on an Edge 800
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I have a Cateye Micro Wireless on both bikes. Use it for everything. Very happy.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I cant recommend it as I dont have one, but decathlon looked to do some decent ones when I was there at the weekend.

There was a 4 function wireless one for £15 and and 8 function wireless one for £20. Made by btwin
  • +1 Cateye Micro Wireless. Around £32

Had mine for 2 years. Drop it regularly when removing, get it wet regularly. Still going strong

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... 40MICB.htm
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Holux GPSport 245 for me

its GPS so no messing around trying to figure out what's size wheel or where the sensor has to go

plus if you ever go anywhere walking you can stick it in your pocket an record your route an display it when you get home via google maps
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've got a Cateye Micro Wireless on the MTB and a Cateye Commuter on...er...the commuter.

Both are good. My Commuter died a random death, but the replacement has been fine apart from when I started getting wierd readings. The speeds seemed to be double what I was actually doing, then I realised I'd put the new magnet on without removing the original one from the other side of the wheel.... :oops:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    I've got a Cateye Micro Wireless on the MTB and a Cateye Commuter on...er...the commuter.

Both are good. My Commuter died a random death, but the replacement has been fine apart from when I started getting wierd readings. The speeds seemed to be double what I was actually doing, then I realised I'd put the new magnet on without removing the original one from the other side of the wheel.... :oops:

Hmm, I may have to put an extra magnet on her bike 8)

I did get weird readings on my micro when I used to use the train, it interferes somehow!