Couier company ?

mattyboy199
mattyboy199 Posts: 627
edited February 2012 in MTB general
As title lookin for a couier company to transport a boxed frame.

thanks

matt
Show me your green bits i might buy them !

Comments

• parcel monkey
    parcel to go
    send it now
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Can't recommend one, but whatever you do, don't use City Link.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Can't recommend one, but whatever you do, don't use City Link.

been fine for me! think i've sent 2 frames and a whole bike with city link through Parcel Monkey!
  • thanks for the fast response, used Yodel via parcel 2 go. The cheapest
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Parcel Monkey have worked for me. They'll give you the best deal from a range, and yeah it was City Link. No problems.

Never had issues with City Link beyond the usual. They all suck really, but they've been okay for me. Receiving deliveries more so but only because the depot is very close and they're open until 8pm. About the only one that actually understands that the vast majority of people are not in during the day and need out of office pick up!

There are better though than them, and there are hideously worse. Parcel Farce being one of the worst.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    Just used Paisley Freight - no problems whatsoever.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Recently (friday) sent a frame back to china... in an idle moment, more out of boredom, I thought i'd see how it was getting on, checked the number and it had been delivered and signed for today (monday)!!

It was about the cheapest international service I could find, they rang me up to check a few details within minutes of me booking online and were very helpful. I also had a welcome pack drop on the mat today with details of the company and a freebee mousemat.

Overall bloody good customer service, they have national & international services: http://www.transglobal.org.uk & http://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk maybe worth getting a price from them?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Posted 2 complete bikes one via Parcelforce and the other via UPS both got there on time with no damage.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Never sent a bike but used DHL/Yodel via Parcel2Go over 100 times never had a problem. 1 time I did try someone else (HDNL) they lost the parcel !!
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I've just sent a car alloy wheel using wheelcourier.com; I've used them before so hopefully this time should be as smooth. They'll take anything though (other than tonnes of drugs or corpses and stuff).