DHB bib tights sizing?

jim453
jim453 Posts: 1,360
edited February 2012 in Road buying advice
Any advice appreciated.

I'm 6' 2 with a 30" waist. According to the sizing guide for DHB I may need M, L or XL. Anyone of a similar size and shape able to help with the sizing?

Thank you

Comments

• I'm 5'10 with 30" waist and the M is fine on me.
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • jim453
    I'm 5'10 with 30" waist and the M is fine on me.

Do you think 4 more inches in height will compromise the fit either around the shoulders or around the ankles?
  • woozor
    woozor Posts: 117
    Im 6ft 32inch waiste and have a Large and they give me a cameltoe. :|

I also have dhb trace bib shorts in a Large which come up spot on in size.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Was wondering the smae thing myself - with bib short sizing, do you go by height (so the straps are comfortable) or waist size?
  • I'm 5'11" and 32" waist and have a pair of DHB 3/4 bibs in a M. If i was an inch taller it would be too tight on the straps.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    woozor wrote:
    Im 6ft 32inch waiste and have a Large and they give me a cameltoe. :|

Snap!

6' tall, 32" waist. I take a L.

Thighs are pretty tight and the groin is very tight, but the shoulder straps and abdominal area are absolutely fine. Once they're on and I'm riding, I dont notice the crotch, but I'd avoid getting off the bike in front of anyone I knew!

I suspect XL would be fine on the crotch but from the waist up they'd be baggy.
  • iplod
    iplod Posts: 83
    6ft 2in. 34 waist. Bought the large but had to send them back for an Xlarge. Shoulder straps were cutting in. Xlarge fits perfect. was concerned that the waist would be too big, but they are fine.
    SOLITUDE. It's not for everyone.

Trek 5.2 madone 2007
    Ribble audax/winter 2010
    Bianchi infinto 2012
  • plife
    plife Posts: 97
    I found they came up really big (or maybe just my short legs). I am 5'11 with a 32" waist and 31" inner leg, went for medium but were far too long and ended up getting a small. I have never bought a small in anything for years so was very surprised.

I do hate the chunky zip on these!
    Boardman FS Pro 2010
    Felt F5 2011
  • jim453
    Thank you.

I went for a large but in a different make, can't remember which Northwave? or something. I'll let you know how I get on when they arrive.