Saturday morning school thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Today is down to Coventry for an MBA day school. It won't be the most fun in the world.

Later will be pub, that about it.

Comments

• foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    edited February 2012
    'Ning
    Went to bed early last night coz I was exhausted so now I'm awake silly early for a Saturday.
    Good job though as I need to sort my brakes, put dinner in the slow cooker and get ready for Cannock.
    Slightly apprehensive as my mate is way fitter than me, and I haven't done the Monkey since summer 2010 - it's going to be the longest MTB ride I've done since the rupture. Hopefully all that time I've clocked at the gym will pay off.

Kisses
    FoxC

*edited due to me not knowing what year it is/was
  • Morning all-

Have a fun trip FoxC!

Nursing a hangover today after going to the cinema last night to watch ghost rider 3d, and drinking alot before and after. Only thing on the cards for today is food shopping since yesterday was payday, chillen, and nothing else.

Enjoy
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    FoxC Good luck with the ride! Take it steady and I'm sure you'll do good. Keep an eye out for a battered blue Landrover, or an inept rider on a black hardtail.

Mornin' goat-fiddlers,

Up about and packing the car ready for the trawl to Cannock. Had hoped to by on the way by now but, well, you know how it goes. Tea is being drunk, porridge has been eaten. Now need chocolate. Chocolate makes the world a better place.

Once home I shall clean the steed, sort out the paintballing kit for tomorrow's game and go out with friends for a meal.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Morning all,been a while.

Today I will be mostly getting skunked, an anniversary that requires getting squiffy in the worst possible way.

Hell, someone has to do it, I'll even be pouring beer over someone.

Enjoy the weekend peeps.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Hmmm
    Dog walked and shaved.
    Off to Frinton in a bit to see the in laws. Plus a trip to the butchers for a massive piece of pork for lunch tomorrow.
    Have to take a 40ft tree out of the garden, might go and do that now.
    Bike later.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Hmmm
    Dog walked and shaved.
    Off to Frinton in a bit to see the in laws. Plus a trip to the butchers for a massive piece of pork for lunch tomorrow.
    Have to take a 40ft tree out of the garden, might go and do that now.
    Bike later.

You shaved your dog????

Please don't tell OMAHB about that, he'll have Billy bald by the end of the day!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Dog walked and shaved.
    You shave dogs?

Morning Tunnel Testers,

Today will be a bit tedious having to ferry junior about to her various lessons and activities, so I'll try to slip in a coffee or 2 while I'm out and maybe buy a bike mag to read if there's any new ones out yet (last months looked cack). Lazy evening watching footy later on I reckon and maybe a bit of ski trip planning :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I''m in fecking work and it's afecking beautiful day outside. Then I'm rushing to a rehearsal for a conecert I'm in tonight (for Help the Heroes).

Plus, the fecking drill I'm using has now got a fecking flat battery, so it looks like I'm doing it by fecking hand.

Feck today :evil:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    massive piece of pork

thats obvious my necessary

anyway, morning sheepsknackers.

i have a load of homework to do this weekend but i might put it off until tomorrow.
    no bikes this weekend but i will be off to the woods with the hounds and wife RE.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    morning scuttlers

In wolves, painting ceiling, cba
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Morning. Well just. been in work since 8am finishing at 11pm. CBA to do anything i want to watch the rugby but will be busy rigging lighting for idiot clients. bored already.
    Joy!!!
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Up all night fitting shiney bits to dirty bike. 2 hours sleep. Rest of the day will be spent with my 2 boys.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tboy823
    tboy823 Posts: 102
    been out on bike.....

waiting for the rugby now
    Boardman Team FS 2011

Never let your computer know you're in a hurry.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Been in uni for a few hours writing up my stats report, only just realised I've been writing about ringworm infections in dogs and all the data in the study is about cats. Massive fail. Probably should have double checked it before I started :lol:

Couple more hours of this then watching England beat Wales hopefully, if not I'll be watching England get thrased by Wales, either way it won't be stats so I'll be happy.

Laterz
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Well, Cannock was in good condition and rolling fast (even on Minions). The general mood from everyone (and there were quite a few out) seemed really good too and it made for a lovely ride.

Even got complimented on the bike! (there's some wierd b****rs out there, I tell ya)

My epic prowess was however slightly undone by a making a pigs ear of Monkey's second rock garden and further by making cows arse of Werewolf Drops (like a complete noob I clipped one of the bloody trees on the entry!). Looking it back, it were quite funny.

Now sat, with a pint of tea, watching the Italians getting royally turned over by the Irish.

Pretty good day. 8)
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    edited February 2012
    Morning spunkers!

I've been shopping for the wife's birthday this morning and so far she has picked a watch and a painting out but not bought them yet but a new mobile and ring have been purchased.

I'm now chilling with a beer and the rugby, strong possibility of a kip afterwards.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Morning spunkers!

I've been shopping for the wires birthday this morning and so far she has picked a watch and a painting out but not bought them yet but a new mobile and ring have been purchased.

I'm now chilling with a beer and the rugby, strong possibility of a kip afterwards.

Believe me, don't give her the ring. Things will get expensive once she has one on her finger!
  • Tell you what, that was a superb day of Rugby, particularly the England v Wales Match. Very well earned win indeed there.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    afternoon scutters
    I survived... just!
    Was all going pretty well, did a couple of bits that I usually wuss out on, almost had a major crash after clipping a tree, but managed to save it, not sure how.
    Did have a big crash on the last downhilly section before crossing back over the railway line. Pedalling fast on the straightish bit, clipped something with my right pedal, and shot out the left side... thought I'd broke my helmet, hit my head on the floor that hard. All ok though!
    shattered now, but am off to the new BrewDog bar tonight... :)

Be good!
    FoxC
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    foxc_uk wrote:

shot out... thought I'd broke my helmet,

Be good!
    FoxC

This is what would happen if I saw you all muddy on the last downhill bit before the railway ;)

Fortunately for you, I no longer work on that line
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dog walked and shaved.
    You shave dogs?
    Only the terrierist, on a 12 mm cut. Ever tried clearing fox s**t from the coat of a border terrier?

Today turned into fail. Kids fighting, screaming and shouting, youngest refusing to sleep. Wife mega stressed and already in bed.

Sold the two Aurora kits, wtf a plastic JFK is now worth £900?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    foxc_uk wrote:
    am off to the new BrewDog bar tonight... :)

Got the camden one just up the road, quite like it in there, really want to try the Tactical Nuclear Penguin but can't really justify the cost...