cycle promotions, any good??

pratley
pratley Posts: 55
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
Im thinking about heading up to Milton Keynes at the weekend to Cycle Promotions one day sale to see if i can grab some bargains, just wanted to know if anyone had been before, is it worth going etc or is it really not that great?

Any advice, opinions would be much appreciated. :D

Comments

• warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    We always pay them a visit when they come to Cardiff. Normally a few bargins to be had and a chance to pick up bit that I always get through (e.g. chain lube, TF2, tubes etc.).

It's normally a bit of a scrum but if there's things you're looking for it could be worth a visit.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    There's two near me - Leeds and Bradford. If I'm around and free I'll usually do one. Mostly don't get exciting stuff from them - there isn't vast arrays of choice and the prices are decent but not better usually than you can find on the net somewhere. However, nice to look at the stuff, be inspired to buy the odd thing you hadn't thought of or couldn't be bothered to get and the odd unexpectedly ideal thing often turns up.

I quite like them but I wouldn't travel much more than about half an hour to get to one.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Yeah will take me about an hour to get there, bit of a trek.

Im just after a new saddle and some clothing, maybe just head down to my lbs.
  • rolf_f
    pratley wrote:
    Yeah will take me about an hour to get there, bit of a trek.

Im just after a new saddle and some clothing, maybe just head down to my lbs.

If there is a nice bike shop you could visit on the way back it might be worth it but personally, I wouldn't bother otherwise. I don't recall the saddle selection being that great tbh.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    'We currently have no bikes for sale'

http://www.cycle-promotions.co.uk/bikes.html
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    'We currently have no bikes for sale'

http://www.cycle-promotions.co.uk/bikes.html

I know lol, not a great start is it! :roll:
  • rolf_f
    They aren't really about selling bikes. I don't even know why they mention them as they never have them. Not really sure why anyone would want to go to a sportshall to buy a bike though.......