2 week old board bike, front wheel rubbing

willo78
willo78 Posts: 43
edited February 2012 in The workshop
My new boardman hybrid team was setup by halfords, have used it three times, the last journey I noticed rubbing on the front wheel, there not sure what it is rubbing against. When I unlock the quicklock on the wheel it seems to stop.

This may be something straightforward, I will probably take I back to halfords at the weekend, just wondered if anyone knows. What it might be?

Thanks
Lee

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Very likely the brake - is important that the wheel is fully located into the dropouts if you remove the wheel, and the QR is done up to the same tension.

Make sure the wheel is in properly, do up the QR and readjust the brakes.
  • Yikes, for some reason the breaks do nothin now, I just get a squishy sound.

I tries adjusting the bolts on the breaks, this seemed to open up the space between the pads a little, however breaks do nothing now :(
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you know how to adjust though? If you have no manual, try and download one, or look for generic info on Park Tools.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Sounds like you split the calliper instead of adjusting them, not the smartest move!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.