Anyone out and about in Liverpool Tomorrow?

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
My appointment at the hospital is at 9, and my flight back isn't until 4 and I don't fancy sitting in Starbucks / MaccyDs / Pub on my jack jones.

Alternatively, someone make some suggestions as to what I can do in Liverpool for 5hrs without walking around too much (other than stealing cars, taking drugs, mugging old ladies, murdering prostitutes and the usual fun stuff).

Comments

• spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    You could spend five hours playing toffee chicken.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    liverpool is my favourite town in the world.

you should go to the tate or the liverpool museum or just go on the quang in any number of a gajillion awesome pubs.
  • See, Tate is currently top of my list. Just wondering if it's going to be chocca with screaming brats with it being the school holidays. I guess it'd be the same everywhere though right.
    Mind you, at least if it is a bit noisy, I'll not feel quite as webbo hobbling around on my clicky crutches.
    The caf in there was superb last itme I was there too.
  • sheepsteeth
    i loved my last couple of visits, i think the art is utterly fucking gay as fuck. but i find the other patrons completely fascinating.
  • It's free to get in, that's the best bit.

I'm not very artsy, I generally don't get the "classical" stuff, and a lot of the modern stuff makes me go "LOL WTF :S" But some of it is genuinely really good to look at.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You two have just made me sad and disappointed. Time to shave your legs and wax your chests I think.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Half term in Liverpool was last week all the little screaming shitbags have gone back to school.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • sheepsteeth
    cooldad wrote:
    You two have just made me erect and moist. Time to have a pokey bumwank I think.

sideways
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    You two have just made me erect and moist. Time to have a pokey bumwank I think.

sideways

Outed.

No messtins
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sheepsteeth
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

sideways

Outed.

No messtins

dont wory though, there is nothing wrong with a pokey bumwank, nothing wrong at all.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    stubs wrote:
    Half term in Liverpool was last week all the little screaming shitbags have gone back to school.

Err you are working on the theory that liverpool children actually go to school in term time

Jay12 is only half hour from liverpool by train, you could go and wait for him at the school gates with a bag of sweeties
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar wrote:
    stubs wrote:

Err you are working on the theory that liverpool children actually go to school in term time

Jay12 is only half hour from liverpool by train, you could go and wait for him at the school gates with a bag of sweeties

Or just pay his mum a visit

again
  • DJIP
    DJIP Posts: 1,724
    They've not long done up the docks and built a new maritime museum, should be worth a look. Plus there is the massive Cathedral, it's nice up there. Shopping...
    Little Purple Patriot :D
  • sheepsteeth
    yeah, the museum is good and i thought both cathedrals were an interesting visit too.
  • Gazlar wrote:
    stubs wrote:

Or just pay his mum a visit

again
    Must be about 12 years since your last visit? She's being dieing to get hold of you to tell you something important apparently....
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • DJIP wrote:
    They've not long done up the docks and built a new maritime museum, should be worth a look. Plus there is the massive Cathedral, it's nice up there. Shopping...

Good call.

I'll pass on the Cathedral (still on crutches) but I reckon I can do the Tate and the Maritime museum. Hope the weather is nice, should be a good day out :) Quite looking forward to it now.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    DJIP wrote:

Good call.

I'll pass on the Cathedral (still on crutches) but I reckon I can do the Tate and the Maritime museum. Hope the weather is nice, should be a good day out :) Quite looking forward to it now.

Theres a decent all you can eat chinese over the road from crime street station, and a top hour dog seller close by at the top of the stairs
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • What a thoroughly enjoyable day out that was.

After some splendid news from the surgeon, I popped down into town and visited the Maritime museum, which was excellent and highly recommended and free. Very interesting exibits.

After spending a couple of hours in there I hobbled over to the Tate, which was amusing if only to laugh at the webbos talking about the artists meaning behind stabbing some holes in a bit of canvas with a pencil (seriously, that was one of the exibits).

In the entire gallery there were about 3 pieces I actually liked. And one of those was the cafe.

I'm just not arty (webbo) enough to be able to appreciate a load of concrete blocks in a trolley, or a pile of clothes in the corner of a room. I am however sensible enough to appreciate that the "artist" is laughing his or her boIIocks off all the way to the bank after grabbing some stuff out of a skip and watching all these assclowns wakn over the "metaphorical and metaphysical constraints of the juxtapositioning of the blah blah yak yak I'm a sheepstwat"

Top all that off with a massive Starbucks hot chocolate and a burger king, and I'm as happy as a pig in shlt right now.
  • PaulC7
    PaulC7 Posts: 112
    stabbing some holes in a bit of canvas with a pencil

I'm just not arty (webbo) enough to be able to appreciate a load of concrete blocks in a trolley, or a pile of clothes in the corner of a room.

As a scouser i have been brought up in them museums and have seen many "art" creations in my time... and i agree with you, its just not art and no matter what twoddle the artist or experts say make the piece understandable.

Just look at the 2001 Turner Prize winner Martin Creeds "art creation"... it was a light in a room on a timer set to switch the light on for 5 seconds then off for 5 seconds and so on................. HOW IS THAT ART?

Art to me is painting a portrait or landscape either realistic or in a "contemporary" way but not so that it is no longer what the artist first saw, sculpting what ever materials you have to resemble or look like an object is also art in my eyes.

P.s glad you had some good news aswell as a good day.
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Sorry I missed this before now! Next time you're in Liverpool I would highly recommend having a pint (and subsequent p1ss) in the Royal Philharmonic Dining Rooms / Pub. Even if you don't fancy a pint go to the loos. Those urinals are solid marble, as is pretty much the rest of the mens rooms.

The art is gash. As is most art these days. Would seriously take a large amount of pleasure from putting Tracy Emin in a ditch head sideways, but without the actual pleasure first.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4