Good Weds Morning Meatbags!

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Homos!

Just off to the airport. It's cold, raining and blowing a gale out there.

Day in l'pool for me today though. Good times.

What you all up to?

Laters douches.

Comments

• Morning, enjoy your flight!

Not much on the cards for today, other than waiting patiently to hear about the job, should know something today, so i'm just sitting with the phone in my hand like a saddo. A bit of battlefield, relaxing, cook a nice lunch, something along the lines of French Onion Soup I think, and lord knows what else today.
  • Morning ballsack jugglers!

Today's the first day of Lent, so I hope you're all giving up on life. I've decided to give up all 'bad' foods, so no more burgers, chips, pizza, cake, crisps, biscuits etc. It's the best I can be bothered to do that's like a diet :lol: I'm sure I'll cave by the weekend.

Hopefully a quiet day today, but we will see.....

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Welness fail.
    that is all
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    edited February 2012
    Mornin' Starfish raiders,

Today will be spent sorting out work shizzle (including the enevitable meetings and tele-conference), and mostly avoiding my colleague. His offspring have the sickness bug that's doing the rounds, and last night even his cats started spewing.

Something tells me this man will be a biohazard today.

It's also going to be a late one in work as I've got a workshop visit at half six to contend with. B*****r.

Shall dose my with caffiene and maybe commiserate with bacons.

On bike related notes - I'm planning on hitting Cannock on Saterday morning for spot of Monkeying about and a bit of Dogging. Anyone else heading thataway?

In the meantime, Onwards! To coffeeeeee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning Munge fundlers

Today will be spent in a small powerboat in the drizzle with 3 14year olds who have been kicked out of school!
    This is going to be hell.
    Right coffee time
    one by one my penguins will steal your sanity
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bum bandits

MM good luck, hope you get it.

I feel like death, proper man flu style. Fortunately no lectures today, just a hockey match, which I'll be GoProing.

Anyway apparently it's lent, last year I tried to give up alcohol, I managed to only have 4 pints through the whole thing which I was fairly pleased with. This year I'm attempting to give up ready meals, chips, crisps, swearing and alcohol, and chocolate too... why I agreed to this I don't know :?

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Very happy this morning as I have cycled in this morning - don't know if you lot have ever tried cycling - its fun.

Should pick up new car later, otherwise its another 35 mile cycle home!
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    This year I'm attempting to give up ready meals, chips, crisps, swearing and alcohol, and chocolate too... why I agreed to this I don't know :?

Laters
    I'd take swearing out of there. Without the other things, I imagine you'll be needing to do a lot of that!
    I'm allowing alcohol, it's the only thing that's 'bad' for me , that isn't worth giving up. I don't drink that much, and there are 4 birthdays in March, so I'm not being a loser :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    I ate about 10 pancakes last night, the best of which contained bacon, no surprise there, although it was closely followed by the chocolate bananananananaa and blueberry in nomtasticness.
    Today I'm feeling bloated and slow, so going on a 'stop eating crap' diet, which really has nothing to do with lent.
    Usual work shizzle to be getting on with, then gym later to lurk and spy on Bicyclepirate.
    Decided I need to get the Deathbike fixed, rather than splash out on buying a commuter. Just got to find time to take the thing to my local Bike Genius mechanic.

Clank I will be at that there Cannock monkeying around with a couple of friends...might not be dogging though, as I'll probably be knackered, it'll be my first time back to monkeying after all!

Kisses
    FoxC
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:
    This year I'm attempting to give up ready meals, chips, crisps, swearing and alcohol, and chocolate too... why I agreed to this I don't know :?

Laters
    I'd take swearing out of there. Without the other things, I imagine you'll be needing to do a lot of that!
    I'm allowing alcohol, it's the only thing that's 'bad' for me , that isn't worth giving up. I don't drink that much, and there are 4 birthdays in March, so I'm not being a loser :lol:

Swearings the one that I doubt will last but I'll give it a go :lol: Last year my alcohol consumption went from high student levels to almost nil... 4 pints over 6 weeks is nothing really, since then I've not drunk nearly as much in general, so figured I can probably let it go completely this time.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Ahh, someone's got to say it
    Angry Bird wrote:
    This year I'm attempting to give up ..swearing..

F**k that for a lark.

FoxC Aiming to be parked up at Birches between 9 and 10 meself. Maybes see you out 'n' about*.

*If I see thee withoug being seen myself, does this count towards the stalking quota? Occurs to me I'm way behind schedule compared to some. :?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    meh.

Meeting all day.

Pick the new (old) car Friday.

meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Clank wrote:
    FoxC Aiming to be parked up at Birches between 9 and 10 meself. Maybes see you out 'n' about*.

*If I see thee withoug being seen myself, does this count towards the stalking quota? Occurs to me I'm way behind schedule compared to some. :?
    Yeah, that's probably a bit early for us, likely to be loading the van around 8.30 so probably be there about 10ish.
    Sounds like there's a load of extra diversions to fire roads, woop </sarcasm>
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning all

First run since November and I managed 8.25 miles in 1hr25mins, I ache like fark today!

KickingMule, mate stick with it if you can, I cut it out in December and I feel mint at the minute! Think the weightloss has helped with that though! 1st 6lbs and counting!
  • Cheers Kaise, hoping to stick with it if I manage the will power. I can never be bothered with diets, so figured I'd just give up rubbish food. I don't eat too much cr@p, but I sometimes eat it when bored/can't be bothered cooking.
    That's some pretty impressive weight loss you've achieved! Well done!

In other news, our work place may be signing up to C2W, they're trying to figure out the smallprint stuff at the moment before putting it into place. Me thinks a road bike is on the cards! :D
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Kaise wrote:
    Morning all

First run since November and I managed 8.25 miles in 1hr25mins, I ache like fark today!

KickingMule, mate stick with it if you can, I cut it out in December and I feel mint at the minute! Think the weightloss has helped with that though! 1st 6lbs and counting!

Congrats on the weight loss! But as usual, i'm a silly American/ European, and have no idea how much a stone is. Was it 12lbs or so? Either way, smooooooth.
  • So work has sent me to university today to mentor the next generation. . . (ogle 21 yr old sporty women)
    As I was putting my bag in the pool car I noticed that someone had kindly included a 60m climbing rope, a roll of duct tape, some wooden stakes and a shovel. ;) also the pool car is an estate so plenty of room in the boot. ...
    Depending on how long this shizzle takes I'll be seeing foxc later, and yes I stopped at tesco on the way here to add limes to my equipment.

Ttfn
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon gits, better late than never.

Was up early by my standards to take junior to school. Decided against going to Bedgebury as it was a bit touch & go about whether it would rain and Bedge is 'orrible when its wet. So went on a 30 mile 'get rid of the lard' road ride with a coffee stop at Costas half way: got back half an hour before the rain started - result :-) I'm feckin' knackered now though.

Now I need to work out why the shock on The Bruiser is making odd noises - may need to get it down the bike shop as need it working properly for next weeks outings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I'm giving up masturbation for lent. That is all as I feel it's a huge sacrifice.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • WOOHOO!

Over the next week I can lose the crutches. Over the next month, I can lose the leg brace.

After that I can get back on the road bike and gently build up my riding. Got to go back again in June for him to sign me off to return to MTB.

FUCKYEAH!

Really must crack on with this build now though. Would suck to be signed off to return to MTB but not have one to return to :s
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon scuttlers

Just been for a head massage and haircut at the local goth hair salon, first time I've tried it there and it's fair to say they are mental in there, but cool. At one point the stylist took her hankie out and asked me if it smelled of chloroform. Mind you it did take an hour and a half for a haircut

Work later, but now time for tea
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Well then, good and bad news. Didn't get the job, but since I didn't get the job, that means I can come back to England for a week with the wife, visit my parents, and be a general bum while she has holidays, so things are looking up.