Garmin 500 Mount

rozzer32
rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
edited February 2012 in Road buying advice
So have my garmin mounted to my stem at the minute which is OK but I do need a proper look down to read it.

Looking for a mount so I can mount it like this.

1328303195430-19599knrti92o-670-70.jpg

That one is made my Quarq and has no release date.

Anyone know of any others out there that will let me do this?
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    you could get a handlebar extension bracket and mount the Garmin mount to that...

hang on I'll try to find a pic of what I mean.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    PROCARBON_COMPUTER_MOUNT_ONBAR_WW.jpg
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I got one of these from eBay. Also available from Dotbike for considerably more.

Works a treat putting the Garmin in a much better place for a quick glance and it looks much better. I cut down the carbon bar so it only just fits the Garmin mount and it looks really neat.
    More problems but still living....
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    amaferanga wrote:
    I got one of these from eBay. Also available from Dotbike for considerably more.

Works a treat putting the Garmin in a much better place for a quick glance and it looks much better. I cut down the carbon bar so it only just fits the Garmin mount and it looks really neat.

Cool, will give this a go. Cheers
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • I was going to ask this very same question so cheers for the links!

Think I’m going to try the SJS one with a 50mm bar. That’s enough space to put a Garmin mount on.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I fabricated something similar, from a reflector bracket, in the days when I had Flightdeck on my Allez but Flightdeck weighs much less than a Garmin.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.