Drought down south

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Boris says "This being the case, he asks why it is not time to "use the principle of gravity to bring surplus rain from the mountains to irrigate and refresh the breadbasket of the country in the South and East".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17078727
pi$$ off and get you're own water Boris, you don't send you're wealth, jobs or Olympics oop norf -
best regards - a very happy damp northerner
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    Bewl Reservoir is very low.

But is it half full or half empty?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    We've already got the Brummies stealing our good, clean Welsh water without the cockneys nicking it too. Maybe if wales becomes independent it can sell water to England for extortionate sums like the Russians do with gas :)
  • Boris says "This being the case, he asks why it is not time to "use the principle of gravity to bring surplus rain from the mountains to irrigate and refresh the breadbasket of the country in the South and East".
    pi$$ off and get you're own water Boris, you don't send you're wealth, jobs or Olympics oop norf -

Ooh let me see, the Olympics in Paris, New York or Sheffield....that would've been a close vote eh?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Pross wrote:
    We've already got the Brummies stealing our good, clean Welsh water without the cockneys nicking it too. Maybe if wales becomes independent it can sell water to England for extortionate sums like the Russians do with gas :)
    Now we know why Alex wants independence (and thinks he can afford it) and why David doesn't :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • hope it turns into a desert down there, they are always wanting the good weather so tough, im in the south west of scotland and its pissing down. our lochs are full, so plenty of water to sell after independence, who needs oil when we have water. It has been said there will be wars over water shortages in africa and asia, so lets build hadrians wall again lol
    What goes up must come down wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
  • bianchimoon
    Boris says "This being the case, he asks why it is not time to "use the principle of gravity to bring surplus rain from the mountains to irrigate and refresh the breadbasket of the country in the South and East".

Ooh let me see, the Olympics in Paris, New York or Sheffield....that would've been a close vote eh?

You miss the point, the road race event in derbyshire, cumbria, northumberland or yorkshire. The MTB event in the scotland (instead of the cyclo cross course it's on), The canoeing in wales etc, etc
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Boris says "This being the case, he asks why it is not time to "use the principle of gravity to bring surplus rain from the mountains to irrigate and refresh the breadbasket of the country in the South and East".

It just shows what a clueless Dick Boris is , 35% of all the UK's fresh meat and vegetables come from Lincolnshire alone , BREAD BASKET MY ARSE (-:
    Britannia waives the rules
  • bianchimoon
    don't worry u can keep syncro swimming in london and rhythmic gymnastics
  • bianchimoon
    I feel a north south divide coming on :D
  • Pross

Won't they be the same event if they haven't got enough water to fill the pool :wink:
  • bianchimoon
    :D:D:D
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I live in the north and all i can say is

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I will be making sure the specialized is cleaned with full utilisation of the garden hose tomorrow.
  • bianchimoon
    Pross wrote:

Won't they be the same event if they haven't got enough water to fill the pool :wink:
    s'ok they've solved problem
    Bathgirl415.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

s'ok they've solved problem
    Bathgirl415.jpg

Ooh, I'd quite happily sit and watch that!
  • bianchimoon
    If they're not her legs, then deffo worth watching, who :D evers down there has put a smile on her face
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

Well, if Boris is prepared to pay for it, why not? If people in London are prepared to pay billions to ensure that once every 15 years or so they don't have a minor water shortage, they should be allowed to make that choice. Alternatively, people could just waste less water........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • When my dad couldnt find water - he didnt moan or riot....no...I reckon they could find water if they got on their bikes and looked for it. It's no good expecting something for nothing - spongers.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pross
    Rolf F wrote:

Well, if Boris is prepared to pay for it, why not? If people in London are prepared to pay billions to ensure that once every 15 years or so they don't have a minor water shortage, they should be allowed to make that choice. Alternatively, people could just waste less water........

Minor water shortage? It's a DROUGHT you know, like they get in the Sudan and Ethiopia - people in London will be walking dozens of miles to the nearest well and children will be dying of thirst! It's not some trivial matter that a bloke in Romford won't be able to jet wash his XR3i or fill his hot tub you know :wink:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Can I take this opportunity to point out that now a drought has been predicted we will get 2 months of rain :evil:
    Thanks. Thanks a bunch.....
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I've just made some water. Is there a PO Box down South to post it to?
    - Slave to the cadence -
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Scotland get to host a bit of football.
    Hampden Park will host eight Olympic football matches.

The men's and women's games will be played between 25 July and 3 August.

I guess some other hick towns out in the provinces get thrown a bone as well.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    daviesee wrote:
    Can I take this opportunity to point out that now a drought has been predicted we will get 2 months of rain :evil:
    Thanks. Thanks a bunch.....
    Only 2 months of rain is a drought in some parts of Scotland...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Scotland get to host a bit of football.
    Hampden Park will host eight Olympic football matches.

The men's and women's games will be played between 25 July and 3 August.

I guess some other hick towns out in the provinces get thrown a bone as well.
    Fortunately the razor wit of the sophisticated metropolitans goes right past us country bumpkins :roll: