Choriso and Hayes post fight scrap

upperoilcan
upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Dear oh dear,Choriso classless in every sense of the word,what with slapping Klitchko and spitting in his face..

Fairplay to David Haye for delivering the best punch of the eveing...

Although a very embarrassing night for boxing on a whole.
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Dear oh dear,Choriso classless in every sense of the word,what with slapping Klitchko and spitting in his face..

Fairplay to David Haye for delivering the best punch of the eveing...

Although a very embarrassing night for boxing on a whole.

There's certainly a gulf in class between the Klitscho brothers and our two brawlers, both in and out of the ring. Haye and Chisora have probably now doubled the purse for their now certain match up. Heavyweight boxing would be in a poor state if either Brit gets a title shot again.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    The two Brits* can sort it out in the back of a pub.
    Boxing can do without them.

* Actually, can I define them as English and distance myself from the whole affair? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    daviesee wrote:
    * Actually, can I define them as English and distance myself from the whole affair? :wink:

We'll let you for now, but remember when the Olympics come around we're all in it together!

(Thank God boxing is still an amateur game on the Olympics!)
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    TommyEss wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

We'll let you for now, but remember when the Olympics come around we're all in it together!

(Thank God boxing is still an amateur game on the Olympics!)

.....only when the Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish athletes win, of course :-)
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Both of them should be banned for a lengthy period - if they want to go and sort things out between them let them do it - in private for no money. You can't have a sport which sells tickets on the back of people brawling in public, threats to shoot the other, comments about fights being as one sided as a gang rape etc etc.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,483
    Hmm, boxing in cynical PR stunt to pull in punters for future bout? I'm sure neither boxers promoter had anything to do with it!
  • Haye threw more punches in those few seconds than he did in the entire fight with Klitschko.

Another ex-boxer was on the radio saying that some stuff is setup to generate interest but he felt it was way too real to be staged and I have to agree. I doubt Hayes trainer getting glass cuts to the head fell into any sort of plan! Boxing was fading as a sport before this and after the initial interest in this story I suspect it will continue to do so.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Pross wrote:
    Hmm, boxing in cynical PR stunt to pull in punters for future bout? I'm sure neither boxers promoter had anything to do with it!

Not on this occasion. This wasnt scripted it just happened because you had one man who loves the sound of his own voice (Haye) and another who is stupid and at least a little bit unhinged (Chisora). Haye was there to wind up the Klitschkos not Chisora!
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Choriso seems to have spotted a gap in the market for daft heavyweight boxers vacated by Herbie Hide, unfortunatly naming himself after a spanish sausage isn't going to help him at all.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    markos1963 wrote:
    Choriso seems to have spotted a gap in the market for daft heavyweight boxers vacated by Herbie Hide, unfortunatly naming himself after a spanish sausage isn't going to help him at all.

Ha ha. I was thinking the same untill I realised his name was misspelt in the thread title.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    The best thing i heard about Chorizo was that a advertsing agency offered to give the sausage £70:000 pounds to advertise on the soles of his boxing boot's........

Im sad to say he declined the lucrative offer.......
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.