JTL

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited December 2013 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tiernan-lockes-signature-already-in-demand

Sure we have been here before after the ToB? And his age turned out to be a bit of a problem (27), The boy clearly has talent, but he will be 28 for the 2013 season, surely ''one of the best teams in the world'' wouldn't be chasing him for their books would they?

Maybe this means theres still hope for me... :lol:

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Why not? He's got another 8 years in him, he's obviously talented and many riders only stay in their team for a few seasons.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Chris Horner's career didn't really get going until he was 34 and Cadel Evans didn't ride in the Tour until he was 28. Some riders start late these days.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Age is not a big factor I think is more on the number of seasons
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Good for him. I hope it works out.
  • http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11149 ... s-far.aspx

Doesn't come across too well for me. Not bad, but not good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Comes across fine to me. He missed out a lot with illness.

• Sorry for asking a naive question but 'why doesn't he come across too well ?'
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Anyone remember Dag Otto Lauritzen ? Rode for 7-11 and he was about 30 before he turned pro. Still managed something like 8 TdFs.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    robert-sb wrote:

Sorry for asking a naive question but 'why doesn't he come across too well ?'

Not naive at all, I think the other bloke is talking nonsense, I too think he comes over fine in the interview.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • okgo wrote:
    robert-sb wrote:

Sorry for asking a naive question but 'why doesn't he come across too well ?'

Not naive at all, I think the other bloke is talking nonsense, I too think he comes over fine in the interview.

Im a JTL fan, but can see what FF is getting at. He came over as a bit arrogant i think, probably not intentionally but his 'ive won better races than that...' and his dismissal of his performance in the ToB with the 'people that know me...' quip. I think he's fine though, and he probably has a point, as nobody pays much attention to alot of the races he has ridden.
  • okgo
    I think he was just highlighting the interviewers lack of research tbh, obvious he had done bigger and better things but the bloke asking the questions had no idea.

Still, life's boring if we get a bunch of boring people that don't say what they think. i.e. footballers in post match interviews.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Yeah pretty much that LL.

He is not as humble as Contador who has won the Triple Crown, to take a high profile rider.

I have no idea what type of person he is, just saying my opinion from that interview. Not a big deal.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I thought that the triple crown was TdF, Giro and Worlds?
  • Tom BB wrote:
    I thought that the triple crown was TdF, Giro and Worlds?

It can be both, but I guess you could add, Grand Tour Triple Crown

[deleted by mod due to malware from bikereviews . com. Please DO NOT embed images from this site]
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Are those asterisks underneath the crown? :0)
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • RichN95.

[deleted by mod due to malware from bikereviews . com. Please DO NOT embed images from this site]

I think we can all agree that that is certainly a humble shoe. It goes along with his humble logo, his humble victory celebration, his humble personalised watches and his humble sports cars.

Contador isn't humble. Nor should he be.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I think Contador is incredibly polite, restrained and calm in interviews. If everyone was like him life would be exceptionally boring... more brash, bragging, outlandish people saying what they want, the better
  • RichN95 wrote:

I think we can all agree that that is certainly a humble shoe. It goes along with his humble logo, his humble victory celebration, his humble personalised watches and his humble sports cars.

You should read up about him and analyse things properly as you are wrong. I'm sure you have the ability to do that so wont spell it out for you here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95 wrote:

Rich have you been on the Source again? :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I believe Contador is now chomping on this

humblepie.png

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Going well in the Tour du Haut Var (finished 3rd Today)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/531845/tiernan-locke-finishes-third-in-haut-var-opener.html

Again some good riders in there taking a bit of a beating from JTL.

Stage 2 ramps up to 26% on a MTF...looks like he could clear up here too...
  • RichN95.

Rich have you been on the Source again? :wink:

No I hadn't. Contador isn't humble and never has been. No-one with his own logo celebrating his victories is humble.,

This isn't a criticism at all from me. I don't think cyclists should be humble. This is an idea from the olden days. Back then the riders came from the mines or the fields. The press portrayed them as being fortunate to escape their fate. They were lucky. They owed cycling a debt. So be humble. Don't get ahead of yourself.

This was the philosophy promoted by the newspapers and team owners alike, to keep wages down. Be grateful for the scraps we're giving you son, at least you're not down the mine.

This attitude lasted for decades. The myth of the 'humble cyclist' was created to keep wages down. LeMond broke that idea, but yet some new overly romantic fans fall for that nonsense, thinking it makes them really 'feel' cycling..
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited February 2012
    Yday stage (note 10th place also):

1 Romain Hardy (Fra) Bretagne - Schuller 4:47:10
    2 Clément Koretzky (Fra) La Pomme Marseille
    3 Jonathan Tiernan-Lock (GBr) Endura Racing 0:00:06
    4 Jeremie Galland (Fra) Saur - Sojasun 0:00:11
    5 Simon Clarke (Aus) Greenedge Cycling Team
    6 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Team Europcar
    7 José Joaquín Rojas Gil (Spa) Movistar Team
    8 Staf Scheirlinckx (Bel) Accent Jobs - Willems Veranda's
    9 Julien Simon (Fra) Saur - Sojasun
    10 Russel Downing (GBr) Endura Racing

Full broadcast:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xonlyh ... 02-2012_tv
    Contador is the Greatest
  • okgo
    Wow.

Won again. Just rode away...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Holy crap. He blew away Gilbert today :shock:

I take it he has the overall?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Yeah, just blew them all away to take the overall.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Could he get into one of the Grand Tours this year do you think if he keeps getting results like this or are wildcards generally politically awarded?
  • RichN95.
    phreak wrote:
    Could he get into one of the Grand Tours this year do you think if he keeps getting results like this or are wildcards generally politically awarded?

Not unless he changes teams. Grand Tours (and any World Tour race) can only give wildcards to Pro Continental teams, and Endura are only Continental.
  • frosty99
    frosty99 Posts: 115
    Is changing teams allowed or is pro cycling like football with a set period (e.g. sept-dec) for team signings??

I assume Saxo Bank have space for one more?
  • RichN95.
    frosty99 wrote:
    Is changing teams allowed or is pro cycling like football with a set period (e.g. sept-dec) for team signings??

I assume Saxo Bank have space for one more?

I think there's a transfer window in August. I don't really know how these things work though.
This discussion has been closed.