Santa Cruz Nomad

ricardo_smooth
ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
After ordering my dream bike in December, it's finally home!
4f4a7af6.jpg
6284be30.jpg
efd9e5b4.jpg
6f2f1bac.jpg

spec:
Rear Shock: RP23 factory
Fork: 36 factory FLOAT RLC TAPERED
Headset: Hope
Seat Clamp: Hope
Seat Post: RS Reverb 420mm RH lever
Seat: SDG Bel Air
Stem: Hope DH stem 70mm
Handlebars: Easton Havoc DH 750mm
Grips: Superstar Excel
Brakes: Saint M810
Front Rotor: Shimano RT76 Ice Tech 203mm
Rear Rotor: Shimano RT76 Ice Tech 180mm
Chainset Shimano XT
Chain Device: E13 DRS
Pedals: Superstar Nano Tech
Wheel Build: Mavic EN521 on hope pro II evo
Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHF Super Tacky 2.35
Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHF Maxxpro 2.35

Comments

• GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Thats a great looking bike, i was thinking of getting one of these before i bought my spicy

Great build and spec list impressive

GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Argh! God... Browsing through those pictures I thought I'd suddenly become drunk. Then I realised the blurred vision, light splotches, and stumbling around in the kitchen was just the pictures.

Nice bike... but why oh why do it the injustice of a bloody camera phone!
  • Argh! God... Browsing through those pictures I thought I'd suddenly become drunk. Then I realised the blurred vision, light splotches, and stumbling around in the kitchen was just the pictures.

Because he's just spunked all his savings on a Nomad so can't afford a camera :lol:

I say fair play.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Argh! God... Browsing through those pictures I thought I'd suddenly become drunk. Then I realised the blurred vision, light splotches, and stumbling around in the kitchen was just the pictures.

Because he's just spunked all his savings on a Nomad so can't afford a camera :lol:

I say fair play.

If it's the only thing you've got, then sure thing :)
  • ha, yes it's the only thing I have tbh, I couldn't even be arsed to turn off the auto flash for the crank picture!! I'm sure i'll get some better pics @ some point
  • HarryK
    HarryK Posts: 84
    I have one thing to say; damn.
  • Lovely, green seems to be the colour of the season this year!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Lovely, green seems to be the colour of the season this year!

green will always be cool, and will always be colour of the season :lol: well lime green at least, not so keen on darker shades, but the green santa cruz use is chuffing nice, i think sometimes its too much for the whole frame, but the cruz's always pull it off! top bike, would have put white rims on personally though ;)
  • lawman wrote:
    Lovely, green seems to be the colour of the season this year!

green will always be cool, and will always be colour of the season :lol: well lime green at least, not so keen on darker shades, but the green santa cruz use is chuffing nice, i think sometimes its too much for the whole frame, but the cruz's always pull it off! top bike, would have put white rims on personally though ;)
    After my last bike bein white, I try and keep it to a minimum! Had to have white lowers as I didn't want TALAS as I won't use it!

Always nice to finally land my dream bike, bit of a void no looking on eBay go stuff ATM though! Just gotta try and swap my saints off my other bike for some more trail friendly XT's now!
  • Just done something I said i'd never do and weighed the bike...pretty pleased at the figure to say it's only 5lbs heavier than my old 120mm bike that was a large and the nomad is an XL that fits me properly!!

anyway weigh in reading was 32.1lbs!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    imo the best thing to do brake wise would be stick the saints on ebay and get a set of the M785 XT brakes from rosebikes. can be had £130 the pair!! would go nicely wih the icetech rotors you already have too!!
  • nah, I really get on with the saints and with me wanting to ensure it's more biased towards riding down hills led me to the decision to go with saints when I had the build done :)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Was gonna say stick with the saints, awesome gear and long lasting, will take a good few nocks in any Dh incident :P

And a good build a 160 biek that takes some stick rather than peple trying to add to light gear to a more aggressive bike. mucho approve :)
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Lovely bike, is it living in the kitchen?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • 1mancity2 wrote:
    Lovely bike, is it living in the kitchen?

:lol: no mate, He lives in the garage and was only in the kitchen as a treat while I taped the frame up! The garage is attached to the house and alarmed up etc so it's almost as safe as it would be in the house anyway
  • 1mancity2
    Sod that get it in the bedroom!
  • I did suggest me and the mrs cuddling up to it at night......but then I realised I'd need a queen size bed as it would have to be under the covers too!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    thought i better take a look since you mentioned it, well, what can i say, at least its not a 5. :lol: thats pure exotica, very nice :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Sweet as!!! Your going to love it :D:D 8) .
    I can't stop riding mine. Its so bad my other bikes are collecting dust which is not good :lol::lol:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Sweet as!!! Your going to love it :D:D 8) .
    I can't stop riding mine. Its so bad my other bikes are collecting dust which is not good :lol::lol:

That must be a terrible position to be in, but I can help. I'll PM you my address and you can send me one of your Scapels.
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    at least its not a 5. :lol:
    Don't you swear at me! :lol:
  • ricardo_smooth
    Well,
    Discovered that the paint on 'Mike Wazowski' must have been in the scare factory and all of this has appeared:
    3463dd75.jpg
    cad18d04.jpg
    c4099ab2.jpg

It's happening all over the bike, so he's going to have to be sent back on warranty :(

In better news though, within 12 hours of contacting Stif cycles/Santa Cruz. They have ordered me a new frame and just said to keep using mine until it arrives in 4-6 weeks (No stock of XL in the green so have to wait for another one painting up/shipping from the USA).

1st class service imo
  • 1mancity2
    Looks like the lacquer hasn't keyed on, good news about the service though :wink:
  • ricardo_smooth
    Yeah, although it looks like the other possible cause is that it was painted at 16:55 on a Friday by the apprentice! :lol:
  • ricardo_smooth
    Quick update for you all. Managed to get the frame replaced in the correct colour after SC USA trying to fob me off with a black or raw finish, i declined stating I bought green in February for a reason. This meant a short delay of another few weeks, but could still ride mine in the meantime how it was so wasn't any bother. Found that when pushed a little harder on multiple root sections, the chain would sometimes commit suicide off the front :lol: Anyway as a combative strategy i've upgraded the rear mech to an XTR Shadow+ jobby to see if this solves my problem. Just gotta wait until my glass back is better for a full review of its performance!
    bef98838.jpg

the Gnome likes it anyway!