Stratford Velodrome - info on the venue, parking etc etc

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,538
edited February 2012 in Track
Hello all,

was fortunate enough to manage to buy two tickets to see the track world cup on Saturday, and will be watching on TV on the Friday, and am very much looking forward to seeing it live!

Anyway, I was hoping for a little assistance as I am finding precious little about the venue on the internet which seems a little strange.
I did fire off an e-mail to an olympic queries mail address about 3 weeks ago, but have had diddly squat back sadly.

I was wondering if anyone who is going before Saturday could post up on here about where to park (Does it have onsite parking, anf so is it a little steep price wise?)

I am also hoping to take lunch in with us, and a flask to make up hot drinks during the day - not to sell just for me and my gf ;-)
Could anyone let me know if you are allowed to take food and drink into the venue?

Many thanks

Dan
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• This link gives a summary of info for spectators at the Velodrome

http://www.londonpreparesseries.com/tra ... index.html

There is no parking on site, so public transport is recommended.

According to the info from the above link, you are able to take food and drink in.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    Well presumably people drive to Westfield Shopping Centre (it being one of the biggest in Europe!) and therefore park, and that's where you go through to pick up the bus service through the Olympic park. Maybe you'll need to buy a tin of beans on your way back.

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/getting-there-car/
  • daniel_b
    Thankyou very much guys for those replies, just what I was after - and very good news on the food angle :D

I managed to book a place on 'parkatmyhouse.com' for £9 for the day about 3 minutes away from the main entrance, which unless I am mistaken, seems to be about £7 less that it would have cost me at the shopping centre carpark - as we're there from 9am, we would need a car park for around 9 hours, and this appears to cost a fair bit at the shopping centre, unless I'm missing something.

Hope everyone has a cracking time who is going, and we'll see you there ;-)

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • kn0bby
    kn0bby Posts: 78
    Howdy

I'll be there tomorrow too and I want to drive. Mind me asking where you found parking?

Cheers

Dave
  • daniel_b
    Sorry Dave, only just saw this :-(

For future reference though, Ifound the two closest places when searching on the Velodromes postcode, one had 8 places, but was fully booked, all with Velodrome people, and this other chap had two spaces, one of which was already taken - so I bagged the last one.

What a day though, just gutted I did not get myself any evening tickets :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • kn0bby
    kn0bby Posts: 78
    We parked at Westfield city car park, was perfect, walked straight in the park.

Filmed this, amazing moment!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBXVBuZrhtI&hd=1