rim mavic EX729
f/hub superstar switch evo
r/hub superstar trizoid DH
rear mech saint M810
cranks race face ride DH
chain guied MRP G2
pedals DMR vault
breaks saint M800

thats it for now i am thinking of going with marzocchi sus set up so 2012 marzocchi 55 micro TA switch on the front and a marzocchi roco coil TST R with a TI spring.

i hope to be hitting the enduro and gravity enduro season but first i need to be drving :D
any way be nice this is my first ever bike build, so yea just let me know what you think.

thanks
marcus

Comments

• WebbyM3
    WebbyM3 Posts: 56
    Looking very nice :) The saddle looks out of place though? not sure why but it just does :P
  • Ashweee
    Ashweee Posts: 48
    Very nice! did you build that up from a frame only?

If you check out the link below you can see my 2012 alpine 160 :D I also love the bike, by far the best bike I've ever ridden!

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12828876

Cheers,
    Ash
  • sweet new bars and seat post
    so spec is as stands
    frame orange alpine 160
    rear shock FOX rp23 kashmir coat
    forks - marzocchi 66 rc 2006
    rim mavic EX729
    f/hub superstar switch evo
    r/hub superstar trizoid DH
    rear mech saint M810
    cranks race face ride DH
    chain guied MRP G2
    pedals DMR vault
    breaks saint M800
    bars superstar Flatland 780 Bar
    seatpost superstar Simple Seatpost layback

321171.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

still more to come so watch this space :D
  • Those bars and seatpost are such a funky color! Very cool.
  • picture of my two wheeled monster out in the snow,

abit of an update i shall be moving to a 1:9 speeds drive chain will be installing a saint m810 shifter, Shimano HG53 Chain 9 Speed, Shimano Saint/SLX Cassette 9 Speed HG80 11-32.

i had the whole idea of maybe going to a marzocchi suspenstion set up, but i have decided to go with fox as i already have half the set up there, in the form of the 2012 rp23, so will be getting fox talas 36 with kashmier coat and amy move the a dhx air on the back.

orange_alpine_160_2.jpg

marzocchi_66rc.jpg

mrp_race_face_dmr.jpg

FOX_rp23_2012.jpg

orange.jpg

siant.jpg

superstar_bars.jpg
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    is it not 1x9 already??
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • will be getting fox talas 36 with kashmier coat and amy move the a dhx air on the back.

If you're interested I'll be selling my 2012 Fox 36 talas forks soon, they'll be really cheap but thats because they need a new crown, steerer and stanchion assembly & a low speed compression dial (The stanchion isn't too bad and you could even run them by just replacing the low speed compression dial.). I'm only selling as they are being replaced by my insurance company and will be surplus to requirements. Once they've had those parts they'll be as good as new. If you think you'll be interested let me know and i'll let you know when and how much they'll be for sale.

Cheers,
    Ash.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Ashweee wrote:
    will be getting fox talas 36 with kashmier coat and amy move the a dhx air on the back.

If you're interested I'll be selling my 2012 Fox 36 talas forks soon, they'll be really cheap but thats because they need a new crown, steerer and stanchion assembly & a low speed compression dial (The stanchion isn't too bad and you could even run them by just replacing the low speed compression dial.). I'm only selling as they are being replaced by my insurance company and will be surplus to requirements. Once they've had those parts they'll be as good as new. If you think you'll be interested let me know and i'll let you know when and how much they'll be for sale.

Cheers,
    Ash.
    You're really selling this deal... :roll:

:lol:
  • Ashweee wrote:
    will be getting fox talas 36 with kashmier coat and amy move the a dhx air on the back.

Cheers,
    Ash.

What does that mean?

Don't you think £50-100 is cheap for a set of fox 36 talas RLC fit forks that'll need £300ish of parts?
  • bennett_346
    Ashweee wrote:
    Ashweee wrote:

Cheers,
    Ash.

What does that mean?

Don't you think £50-100 is cheap for a set of fox 36 talas RLC fit forks that'll need £300ish of parts?
    Because it makes it sound like you wrote your bike off. If those parts of the fork got damaged, there may be structural weaknessess in the chassis etc etc and it was mostly a joke really
  • Hi I would recommend the HG93 chain if using the saint R-mech and cassette,bit more money but I found it works better.Nice bike :D
  • Because it makes it sound like you wrote your bike off. If those parts of the fork got damaged, there may be structural weaknessess in the chassis etc etc and it was mostly a joke really

Its only one stanchion with a couple of light scratches on it but unfortunately you have to replace the stanchions and crown as one piece, theres no structural weakness because they're not even that bad and if I didn't have them replaced by my insurance I'd still be using them. Its comments like yours that make people including myself not want to use forums like this......
  • bennett_346
    Ashweee wrote:
    Because it makes it sound like you wrote your bike off. If those parts of the fork got damaged, there may be structural weaknessess in the chassis etc etc and it was mostly a joke really

Its only one stanchion with a couple of light scratches on it but unfortunately you have to replace the stanchions and crown as one piece, theres no structural weakness because they're not even that bad and if I didn't have them replaced by my insurance I'd still be using them. Its comments like yours that make people including myself not want to use forums like this......
    Don't use it then
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Ashweee wrote:

you really need to read what you wrote in the original post, you make it sound as if the entire fork needs replacing, to be honest, i thought you were having a joke :|
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Those bars and seatpost are such a funky color! Very cool.
    if only you could get fork stanchions to match
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • bennett_346
    Ashweee wrote:
    Ashweee wrote:

Cheers,
    Ash.

What does that mean?

And no, i don't actually.
  • Youn can pick up used 36's here in Austria for 400 euros, and our new prices are alot higher than your prices in the U.K. even I wouldn't pay that much.
  • Ashweee wrote:

Cheers,
    Ash.

cheers for the offer dude, but got alot i need to do befor i upgrade my sus on my alpine got another bike build to do before i start looking at my suspension set up, but thanks anyway.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Ashweee wrote:
    Ashweee wrote:

Cheers,
    Ash.

What does that mean?

And no, i don't actually.

Bearing in mind that a local bike shop probably wouldn't touch a full fork rebuild and recommend you send it off to Mojo, where you'd be charged 100 pounds plus. It seems a lot of hassle for virtually no saving. I'd just give them away as spares to someone (which I did with a pair of Pace RC41 which only had cracked brake mounts).
  • downtime
    downtime Posts: 19
    I have a 2009 alpine (with spring shock for alps work) and was thinking about a 2011 Marzocchi Roco air TST R for UK work.
    Has anyone used one and what are your thoughts compared to DHX5 coil shock