could you do this on a normal bike?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    Dunno, but this will vid be jumped on by all those beardy hippy wierdo 29'er types as to why their bikes are better than normal ones.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I shall try on my boneshaker, but as its any type of uphill, the answer will be no
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dunno, but this will vid be jumped on by all those beardy hippy wierdo 29'er types as to why their bikes are better than normal ones.
    That aint no 29er, its a 36er as it clearly says in the title....a mate has one (yes honest).

26->29 is just over 10% increase, 29->36 is just over a 20% increase!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    That aint no 29er, its a 36er as it clearly says in the title....a mate has one (yes honest).

Simon

please be more websters.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    looks speshul
  • Stevo_666
    That aint no 29er, its a 36er
    I've just been dazzled by a flash of the blindingly obvious.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yea, imagine carrying a spare tube for that? There's goes half your backpack capacity.
    Also, an octopus with 4 tyre levers required to refit the tyre on that massive wheel
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He's not dressed the part. Though riding it with clown feet would be tricky.
  • The Rookie
    Yea, imagine carrying a spare tube for that? There's goes half your backpack capacity.
    Also, an octopus with 4 tyre levers required to refit the tyre on that massive wheel
    Most 36er riders use 29er tubes (yes they fit) as 36er tubes weigh around 1/2Kg each.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Heh, you were the one that said 29er, not me, you were obviously blinded by the flash before it became obvious!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418

Simon

please be more websters.
    Yea, imagine carrying a spare tube for that? There's goes half your backpack capacity.
    Most 36er riders use 29er tubes (yes they fit) as 36er tubes weigh around 1/2Kg each.

Simon

thanks.
  • The Rookie
    Pleasure.......
  • Heh, you were the one that said 29er, not me, you were obviously blinded by the flash before it became obvious!

Simon

I'll blind you with my obvious in a minute.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Big wheels roll over everything. Maybe one of these. is required....

waterwheel.jpg

orhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgKp5BOuCZ4....
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Awesome! i'd like a go on that! (not said that in a while)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    In answer to the original question, yes, quite easily.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Heh, you were the one that said 29er, not me, you were obviously blinded by the flash before it became obvious!

Simon
    :roll: Looks I need to explain for the hard of thinking....

- The vid shows a 36'er going up steps that a 26'er might struggle with.
    - So some people think "bigger wheels = better"
    - So 29'er owners think "I've got bigger wheels than a 26'er so my bike is better than a 26'er" (wrong)

Now put your dunce's cap on and stand in the corner thicky.
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Rather go down them than up
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This ^^^, +1, + Many Potatoes

Climbs should be simple and their only purpose is to provide height for the awesome descents. Nothing else.

I'd be happy with a Stannah Stairlift to carry me and my bike up that and then ride down it at speed.
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    Lots of BMXers ride up and down stairs and even use them as ramps. Full pelt obviously, none of this walking pace nonsense.