Cento Uno frame
Campag Chorus 11sp groupset
Ritchey WCS carbon stem, saddle, seat clamp
Miche wheels

p4pb7134480.jpg

p4pb7134481.jpg

p4pb7134501.jpg[img][/img]p4pb7134634.jpg

Comments

• Why is there no green with envy smiley?

Nice bike 8)
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    That is f88king beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!Can i ask how much you paid and where you got it.
  • I bought it as a frame only as the parts came from another road bike of mine. Bought it from Bromley Bikes (where all my bikes come from) and paid a lot opf money ;-) Too much to be reminded about thats for sure.
  • Great looking machine... you can't beat the look of a carbon weave IMHO :)
    Sunday Best : Cervélo R3 / SRAM Red / 3T / Fulcrum Racing Zero tubeless
    Everyday : Cervélo S1 / SRAM Force / 3T / Fulcrum Racing One tubeless
    Winter : Kinesis TK2 / SRAM Force / 3T / Fulcrum Racing 3 + full guards...
  • great bike - nice looker too, but a biased Cento owner too!
  • nearly identical to mine, although mines a few years older and a different colour !

so of course i love it !!!! (another very biased cento owner!)
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Any recomendations on what new wheels to get? Got about £5-600 or so to spend. Not masses of money to spend but enough I hope.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Any recomendations on what new wheels to get? Got about £5-600 or so to spend. Not masses of money to spend but enough I hope.

Kysrium Elites would be my choice on that budget.
  • Any recomendations on what new wheels to get? Got about £5-600 or so to spend. Not masses of money to spend but enough I hope.

Or fulcrum racing 1's
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.

--Ernest Hemingway
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Nice bike,
    my choice wheels would be fulcrum.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • b0dski
    b0dski Posts: 136
    I'll have a set of mint Ksyrium SSC SL's for sale as soon as I sort out a set of Carbon aero wheels ;)
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    They ride like a dream, don't they.

I'd look out for some deals on Cosmic Carbones, unless you want all round wheels? They were made for red racing zero's. but you'd need a bit more cash.

Kysirium sl's would be champion.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    What's the 46 Ton thing about?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Don't answer that - I just Googled it.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • As Scrumple said, Cento Uno's look fantastic with Racing Zeros. Wiggle have the Black Label set on sale but they're still pretty steep http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing- ... -wheelset/

The red spoke version would set your Cento off perfectly.
  • Brian1
    That bike needs a set of carbon rims.Take a look at www.wheelsmith.co.uk. Loads of good reviews on this forum.
  • I'm very tempted by the Cento1 - definately a stunning bike. Did you manage to try one before buying? What's the ride like, the reviews i've seen say fast but still comfortable, is that a fair comment?
    Thanks
  • ashleymp777
    max1234 wrote:
    I'm very tempted by the Cento1 - definitely a stunning bike. Did you manage to try one before buying? What's the ride like, the reviews i've seen say fast but still comfortable, is that a fair comment?
    Thanks
    Yes, I tried one for a weekend and was immediately taken with it. Compared to my previous Wilier Izoard it's certainly more comfortable and easily faster. Majority of my rides are 5+ hrs and have never come back feeling like it's beaten me up.
  • Brian1
    Hi Ash
    Hope this is not a stupid question but I ride an Izoard and was thinking of moving up to the cento. In what way do you find it more comfortable than the Izoard. Thanks
  • I have an Izoard and a Cento Uno too. Personally I'm not sure about one frame being more comfortable than the other. The Cento has quite short geometary - it was a pro bike - while the Izoard is a bit more 'relaxed' - but both my bikes are now pretty much set up the same way from fitting specs and they also have the same saddle so my arse doesn't get a shock.

The noticeable differences I can feel are:

The obvious weight difference - my 52.4cm Cento with 2011 Zeros and 2011 Super Record comes in at approx 6.5kg
    The power transfer - get out of the saddle, push the pedals and it flies!!!
    Climbing - although fitness is always the BIG factor the weight of the bike helps and taking hills is almost fun now ;-) My times on climbs round here are much better on the Cento.

It's also a very beautiful frame in the flesh. I saw one on a Wilier stand and it was love at first sight.

It took me getting hit by a car to afford one, but if you have the cash to spend give it a very serious thought.

Here's a very poor photo of mine taken last autumn (I'm going to take some good shots when the sun comes out again):

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12801965
  • I've seen a few old comments about shoddy rear shifting on the Cento Uno due to internally routed cabling. Anyone experienced this, is it a load of cobblers, or was it an issue Wilier have now sorted out?
    Thanks!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    I think you mean this twit's comments

http://range.wordpress.com/2009/08/16/2 ... to-uno-sl/

I think the guy has a few personal issues. His bird probabaly ran off with someone who had a Cento ;-)

I've never had a problem with shifting and if it was such a big problem why would Lampre ISD want to use the SLR? (NB - they asked for the top tube internal routing to be removed for ease of maintenance but kept the internal in the chainstay).

It's an amazing frame.
  • ashleymp777
    Well I've certainly never had an problems with shifting thats for sure.
  • The best "Do-It-All" bike around. It's good at everything - speed, handling, comfort, stifness, lightweight.

So many other bikes focus on being the stiffest or lightest or comfiest but the Cento Uno does it all which is what you need in a road race or sportive bike - versatility!

One of the best looking bikes ever too as a bonus!