SRAM Red Hydraulic brakes

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,385
edited February 2012 in Amateur race
Geek Thread Alert!

so, images have been leaked (I won't post a link to avoid the wrath of SRAM and the mods, but a google image search for the Thread title will reveal all).

What do we think? I think some purists (probably Campag users) will whine about how they look, but I think they look pretty good (although the lever shape looks a bit...unique).

I'm and MTB er so I'm a fan of hydraulic brakes, and I confess i think that those plus electronic shifting is the future.
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Hydraulic rim brakes or discs? Don't see the point in hydraulic rim brakes at all.
    More problems but still living....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    both.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    amaferanga wrote:
    Hydraulic rim brakes or discs? Don't see the point in hydraulic rim brakes at all.

Why is that?

used to use Magura HS33 on my jump bikes, they were awesome, offered a lot more modulation than my disks, and were not far off as powerful, and pads were cheap :)
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the hydroulic rim brakes look pretty good. could give better control maybe.
  • dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    Both look good - I'd rather spend more money on good brakes than electric gears (assuming the pricing v di2 will be similar).

Imagine the rim ones would be more appealing in the near term until they allow disc brakes for racing and there is more choice of wheels/forks/frames compatible with them. Routing the cables on my existing frame won't be the most elegant mind... Shame they'll be v expensive, as would be ideal for winter training too.