Ludgershall in the cold?!

Cannon71
Cannon71 Posts: 92
edited February 2012 in Amateur race
It'll be my first ever race, I was so looking forward to it!

I think it'll be a bit cold/icy, especially considering I'm already a bit nervous about the barging/crashing already!

Any thoughts? Should I refer to rules #5 & #9 and get out there, or save my debut for a slightly more 'comfortable' clime?!

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    In Hampshire/Wiltshire borders? if so when?

Oh and if it is you'll be fine on the main roads, the lanes forget it, it's -8.2 here tonight so i hope it's not tomorrow.

g-luck
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Sorry, i didnt specify the date, did i! Its tomorrow...

And my geopolitical education is somewhat lacking (and I'm on the phone in bed so can't be bothered to check the exact location!) but Hants/Wilts sounds about right!

They race there every Sat until 1st w/e in March. might skip it and do the club chain gang instead :D
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Think the racing has been cancelled there for tomorrow mate

VeloUK

"Ludgershall Winter Series - Cancellation: Snow causes the 5th round of the Ludgershall winter series to be called off this Saturday. Organiser says ""The snow is unlikely to clear in time and I would not be happy with riders risking life and limb to get around! I hope that it will clear for next week so that we can resume the series."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    So where exactly was this planned? is it a TT on the Ludgershall to Andover road? - my commute :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Mr Boffin the ludgershall Winter Series is held at the REME test track on the army base just over the bridge as if you were going to tidworth.

it's worth popping down entry on the line but today was called off and probably the right decision

and for what its worth it feels very cold when its cold :-)
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Nik Cube wrote:
    it's worth popping down entry on the line but today was called off and probably the right decision

I thought you had to pre-warn the REME people your details for them to let you in to race?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    its wise to drop darren an email and get your tin box reg on the list if required - as I ride to it I had no issues. Entry for the race is on the line.
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010