Need to upgrade the fork on my GT Outpost 2010

Everyd1
Everyd1 Posts: 4
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello there fellow riders,

I am in great need of some assistance. I am lookin to replace the stock fork on my 2010 gt out post.(medium size and has disc brakes) I Don't really know where to begin, I'm a noob at this sport. Any suggestions? I have a budget of $150.00 . I payed $250.00 for it so I don't want to put inn more then I payed for the bike. Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hi, Bikeradar is a UK based site, and our advice will be based on what we know here.

$=US, Aus or some other?

The Outpost comes with a very basic Suntour M3000 fork, so nearly anything would be better.

Past tense of pay = paid by the way!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sam,
    Thanks for the suggestions. At this point any suggestions from the UK, Asia, South America, would be of some help. Pretty much anything is accessible though the web now a days.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Indeed, but you gave a budget, without knowing which $ we won't know how much you have to spend, however assuming US$, I'd look at either Suntour Epicon or Raidon's, well within budget and a useful upgrade.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks again Sam. I was referring to US$.