Vets Licence

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,207
edited February 2012 in Amateur race
Just got my first licence as a vet (40 in November) and noticed it shows I am a vet in MTB and BMX but for road, track and cross it just says 4th cat and senior. Is this normal or should it say vet on those two categories too?

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    That's normal.
  • Pross
    andyp wrote:
    That's normal.

Cheers. Only seems like a couple of years since I got my junior licence :(
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Pross wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    That's normal.

if you've previously held a junior licence, you should be eligible for a 3rd cat licence, providing BC still has your records...
  • Pross
    Pseudonym wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    That's normal.

if you've previously held a junior licence, you should be eligible for a 3rd cat licence, providing BC still has your records...

Before last season my previous licence was an old school 3rd cat from before the introduction of 4th cats, the 'new' points system and records being computerised. My one race last season was a mauling so I think I'll stay as a 4th for the time being and hopefully earn myself a 3rd cat licence (possibly by taking on Dru at the Maindee races - if they are the same as last year you can end up a 3rd cat just by finishing them all!).
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Pross wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    That's normal.

Before last season my previous licence was an old school 3rd cat from before the introduction of 4th cats, the 'new' points system and records being computerised. My one race last season was a mauling so I think I'll stay as a 4th for the time being and hopefully earn myself a 3rd cat licence (possibly by taking on Dru at the Maindee races - if they are the same as last year you can end up a 3rd cat just by finishing them all!).

Maindy dates (and Llandow dates) have been announced :)

Llandow are 11.3 - 18.03 - 1.4 (Sundays)
    Maindy are 4.4 - 11.4 - 18.4 (Wednesdays)
  • Pseudonym
    what's the deal with the Maindy events - is it just round the track..?
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Pseudonym wrote:

Yes
  • Pross
    I've only just realised that regional C races don't have licence points. There goes my plan to make 3rd cat!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I've not seen regional races with no points awarded.
    It does not make any difference there if your 3rd or 4th, you will still be able to race the races at Llandow, also do the vets at Llandow, though they may be more attacking in those compared to 3rd 4th.
  • Pseudonym
    I've not seen regional races with no points awarded.

regional C+ will give you10 points for a win - but according to the BC rulebook, regional C does not carry any points.
  • Pross
    Yep the Llandow races are banded as 'none' so no points. Seems a bit pointless (obvious pun not really intended!).
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Pross wrote:
    Yep the Llandow races are banded as 'none' so no points. Seems a bit pointless (obvious pun not really intended!).
    If you ride a 3/4 at Llandow you will get points.
  • Pseudonym wrote:

Only technically. Have you done any of the Ajax training rides on Monday & Wednesdays yet? Missed tonights as too much to do with moving house, but last weeks was tasty.
  • Pseudonym
    Only technically. Have you done any of the Ajax training rides on Monday & Wednesdays yet?

me? no - I'm not that local. I was just wondering whether there was some 'other' circuit at Maindy that I wasn't aware of....