Companies commenting on their comments

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
I'm just curious guys, but I've noticed a lot of companies commenting on their product reviews recently, Syncros on the AM wheelset for instance, or the company that made those ti jockeys with ceramic bearings. As they are supposed to be impartial and fully informed reviews, do the comments not add a bias to the web page? Is it a form of advertising if the are espousing the benefits of their product rather than responding to queries to help inform customers?

I raise it more as a curiosity than a complaint and wondered what your stance on them was.

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    I'm just curious guys, but I've noticed a lot of companies commenting on their product reviews recently, Syncros on the AM wheelset for instance, or the company that made those ti jockeys with ceramic bearings. As they are supposed to be impartial and fully informed reviews, do the comments not add a bias to the web page? Is it a form of advertising if the are espousing the benefits of their product rather than responding to queries to help inform customers?

I raise it more as a curiosity than a complaint and wondered what your stance on them was.
    We've no problems (in fact we think it's a good thing) if companies want to comment on product reviews or news stories - as long as it's clear who they are.

If they review their own products then that's not on. Please use the 'flag as inappropriate' to bring it to our attention and we'll deal with it accordingly.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports