Carbon sole glue?

wishitwasallflat
wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
edited January 2012 in Workshop
Hi - Carbon sole is coming away from the leather upper on my Lake shoes at the heel - could anyone reccomend a glue that might stick it back on?

Trying to at least get a few more months out of them as otherwise they are fine.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    ShooGoo or take it to a cobbler
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Montydog - once again you're help much appreciated - you wouldn't like to come round and live in my garage two days a week to take care on my bike would you? It would save you answering all my posts!!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It's a bit far to jump on the bike and nip around for a bit on a tinker I'm afraid....people have been know to come around to my shed and not be seen for hours :-)
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Araldite it. Slap loads in there, let it set etc as per instructions, tape up tight, leave for a couple of days to set solid. Job jobbed.
  • Cheers Yossie - thanks for the advice. Ordered some Shoo Goo already (it will probably come in handy for other jobs anyway) and will probably try it first and then good old Araldite as plan B. I used Araldite 2 part Resin to stick heel taps over the bumpers when they wore down but reckoned it might be better using something with more flex for soles/leather.