Corratec

stoksey25
stoksey25 Posts: 68
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all I am thinking of trying full sus. I have a limited amout of money and been searching the web for weeks to find the best deals and bikes. Has anyone had any experience with the Corratec Air Tech Zone Bike 2010 or 2011 bikes as these have caught my attention but I cannot find any reviews on them

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=69531 2010

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=71713 2011

which are the best forks Brakes and the like which would be the best deal as they are only £10 difference

Regards Neil

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    The first link has better forks and brakes. I can't say I looked at the prices, but this would be my choice. As for the bikes, you'll probably not find anyone who's got one. Corratec are a niche German manufacturer. They're pretty nicely built though, and they finish the bikes well. I have a friend with the top end carbon version of this bike. It's very cross country orientated, both suspension action and geo. not one for just hacking about on, but good if you want a racey XC bike. He did have some issues with the shock cradle coming loose, but the shop did sort it.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The second has the better fork! And just about a better groupset. For me the 2011.
  • benpinnick
    You like the RSTs?
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I like that model. RST make some great forks.
  • benpinnick
    Fair enough. Ive not has RST since they bought out the Moto in about 1996, but I will take your word for it. Therefore I recall my previous advice in favour of the 2011 model. I will also cancel the 'I [heart] RockShox' t-shirts.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    My other half just said "they look like they have a willy" pmsl

Have seen a few Coratecs in the flesh at my LBS and all look well finished. The links youve posted do seem very good buys and at that price ripe for upgrades as and when your riding level warrants it