Mud guards...

anthonytrueman
anthonytrueman Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in Commuting general
Hello newbie here... Just need a bit of advice from you veterans.. Ive just picked up a Specialized Crosstrail Sport Disc 2012 (such a mouthful) with 700x45c tyres... after some awesome (but wet) commutes to work and back (20 miles in total) I think its time to invest in some Mud Guards... does anyone have any recommendations for the bike I currently have... on another note im thinking of upgrading the tyres to Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Elite which would take the tyres to 700x38c.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

Comments

• I would recommend theses
    SKS Chromoplastic Road Racing Bike Mudguards P45 Black
    but in the width to suit you tyres I have stayed pretty dry when the roads have been wet, I notice the dry feet the most
    Not that bad but bad enough for me
    Route1.jpg
  • Joffff
    Joffff Posts: 26
    Hi Anthony,

See my post from earlier today - viewtopic.php?p=17421512#p17421512

I've got the SKS Commuter mudguards on my Crosstrail and after a bit of swearing and some extra hardware finally got them fitted. Now they're on, they're great! Maybe get a local bike shop to fit them for you whilst you sit in a nearby pub with a swift half? ;)

I've also got Specialized tyres, but Infinity Armadillos instead of the Crossroads. My Infinity's aren't the current model and look a bit like the Crossroads and are great in the dry, nice and quiet without much in the way of noticeable resistance. They're not great in the wet, on wet leaves, mud, etc. so I'm looking at something a bit more rugged now winter's on it's way.
    What tyres have you got on as standard?