Saddle stem installation

Kamzter
Kamzter Posts: 191
edited January 2012 in Workshop
how can I install my saddle stem?
Its the same size as the original one but will not fit, I have tried to twist it in for about an hour but it just wont fit even though same size.
Must be me having a bad day ?????????????
40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!

Comments

• Same size as in same length perhaps?

Are we absolutely sure the diameters of the seatposts are the same? :mrgreen:
  • Kamzter
    er, yes. this is my 7th build.
    i have even stood them up end to end and their not even a millimeter out.

not to worry, will go buy another!
  • 7th build wow I am most impressed.

Did you ever find out what that flat red disc ( which you did not like the look of was actually called? ).
    The one related to the headset which you have not bothered replying to yet! :roll:
  • This topic perhaps? viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12833266 :roll:
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Kamzter wrote:
    er, yes. this is my 7th build.

7th build - and still calling it a 'saddle stem' - it's a seatpost. Seatpin is also acceptable, but 'saddle stem' is not.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Kamzter wrote:
    Its the same size as the original one but will not fit, I have tried to twist it in for about an hour but it just wont fit.
    Said the actress to the bishop. Have you tried some lubricant?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Kamzter
    It makes no odds what things are called, I do not expect arrogance from those that I would normally see as friends etc on here.
    If you cannot help or give advice, dont bother replying.
    And to answer your question, I work 10hr days, run a business on top, have a family to spend time with, so do not have time to wade through the forum on a regular basis.
  • Kamzter
    oldraver wrote:
    7th build wow I am most impressed.

I am 40yrs of age, I started when I was about 14, tinkering around with bikes, it does not mean I have built all race bikes, though did make a good job of rebuilding a relaigh grifter !! lol
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Kamzter wrote:
    It makes no odds what things are called,

it does when you are trying to make yourself understood without the aid of pictures.....
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Are you sure you have the right size? - they come in 0.2mm increments so standing them next to each other and them being "not even a millimeter out" isn't accurate enough.

If you take the bike to your LBS they may have some scruffy ones you can try before you scratch up a new one.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.