661 Pad Sizing and recommendations ?

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys

I'm going to get some 661 Kyle Strait knee pads and just want to check re sizing. According to the 661 site I need a XL but I normally take a medium or large in normal clothes and I've also read that the pads stretch a bit after some wear. Does anyone know how the size guide compares to real life and would it be sensible to order a size smaller to allow for the stretch.

Also are any of the 661 elbow pads any good or should I be looking somewhere else for these

Cheers

Jim
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    edited January 2012
    I normally take a large and now all my 661 gear is large the XL Straits I originally went for were too big.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    JimboM wrote:
    Also are any of the 661 elbow pads any good or should I be looking somewhere else for these
    Have got some of their Rhythm elbow guards they are pretty good. They're basically a lycra sleeve with a honeycomb pad - easy to put on when there's gnar ahead and equally easy to stash away when not needed.

661's sizing chart is accurate the Rhythms are the same size as the Veggies/Evo Lights. I was between L and XL but bought the L because I wanted them to be a snug fit and stay put.
  • After using the 661 measuring guide, I decided on XL Kyle Straights. I ended up with L as they were a more snug fit and have stretched a little meaning that I can wear them and not have to tighten them to the max for them to stay up (I've never had any issue with them slipping down my leg either).

If you can, try them on in a shop, if not I would order one size smaller and return them if you feel they are too tight. It all depends on how your legs are shaped I suppose.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I'm normally a medium and Medium Kyle Straits fit me perfectly
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8