click from pedals

frosty99
frosty99 Posts: 115
edited January 2012 in Workshop
Click from the pedals:

I've noticed a clicking over my last few rides, I think I've isolated it to the pedals. It stops when I stop pedaling, and in my normal pedal stroke it occurs at 10 o clock, if i point my toes right forward it occurs at 12 o clock. So I think I can exclude crank/bb etc

I have shimano r450 pedals and tried turning up the tension quite high to see if that changed anything, it hasnt really changed it.

Its only a quiet click and if I'm chatting or daydreaming I dont hear it but like any noise from the bike my ears get tuned into it and it bugs me a little bit, so not particularly concerned but if anyone has any ideas for an obvious cause/solution I'd much appreciate it.

cheers
Frosty

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Could be worn bearings or worn cleats - particularly if they have worn down at the front
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • frosty99
    pedals and cleats are fairly new (3 months) so hope not, but will have a good look at the bearings!
  • your not catching the cable off the front mech are you?
  • frosty99
    I assumed it was that initially because the crank was passing millimetres from the wire but tucked the wire away and still getting the click!