Everything I've read says late january.

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Brakeless wrote:
    Anyone know when this is due?

Everything I've read says late january.
    Late January yes, but which year? :roll:
  • That gives them until next Tuesday, less than a week.
    I wonder if there will be any further delay. What's a few days after all these months?
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • I heard Jan 32nd.....
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Flavio Becca told the press that the CAS would be biased because Contador went cycling in the same country that one of the panel originates from. To make this crazy accusation seem plausible (?) the CAS responded with a delay:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/radiosh ... tador-case
    http://www.tas-cas.org/en/infogenerales ... 92-15-1-1/

Anyway, the official answer if you choose to believe it is "during the week of 31 January". All the "late January" quotes on the web are lazy summaries of that statement.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    the Ullrich ruling was due by the end of last week with no sign of that so basically there is a ruling due but frankly we have no idea when
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    I heard Jan 32nd.....

haha!! :D
  • sherer wrote:
    the Ullrich ruling was due by the end of last week with no sign of that so basically there is a ruling due but frankly we have no idea when

Ulrich? The Landis affair was all done in a matter of days basically, this is the way it should be done, perhaps Floyd will be from now on my favourite all time cyclist or at least modern in the way justice was served so fast with him with little or no waiting around. Yes, he did appeal but it had little effect.
  • I think you're forgetting the "Floyd Fairness Fund" and the attempted blackmail of Greg LeMond.
    Floyd didn't exactly cover himself in glory or take his ban without wailing.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    the trouble with the Floyd one is he was found guilty of testosterone. He's always said that despite using EPO and other stuff that he never used testosterone as if he was setup that day
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Ulrich? The Landis affair was all done in a matter of days basically, this is the way it should be done, perhaps Floyd will be from now on my favourite all time cyclist or at least modern in the way justice was served so fast with him with little or no waiting around. Yes, he did appeal but it had little effect.

Landis's case dragged on longer than Contador's. It took 14 months from test to the initial decision and 23 months to appeal (compared to 6 and 18 for Contador)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    sherer wrote:
    the trouble with the Floyd one is he was found guilty of testosterone. He's always said that despite using EPO and other stuff that he never used testosterone as if he was setup that day

I assume the 'rone was in his system as it was in the blood he transfused the night before. Not sure if that's possible. Fact is its hard to know what to believe with Landis. To quote FF he has zero credibility. You lie so many times, nobody will believe you.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Im not expecting anything out of CAS until the end of February, although they say january, their push it back even further. It will end in him being cleared no doubt. ridiculous. this whole case should have been settle by september. 2 months after the positive.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I hope he has a 2 year ban starting soon.Will deter others. I would like his last season erased. Kill one and you scare a hundred was Mao Tse Tung's view
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    sherer wrote:
    Yeah, "Floyd said" can you spot the problem there?
  • To some of the previous comments:

Floyd's appeal may have lasted longer but with Contador we've been in a state of limbo all this time.

Floyd immediately had his Tour title stripped from him and there seemed little chance there would be an absolute reversal.

Alberto has been getting through loopholes all this time which is where the frustration lies, not that I really want to nail him. I hope justice can be applied to both him and Lance, however it shakes out.

Also, since all of this is so tribal, I don't really care to see one get found guilty and the other to totally slide. That would create a lot of division in the cycling community, kind of like robbing Peter to pay Paul.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    To some of the previous comments:

Floyd's appeal may have lasted longer but with Contador we've been in a state of limbo all this time.

Floyd immediately had his Tour title stripped from him and there seemed little chance there would be an absolute reversal.

Landis wasn't stripped of his title and banned until his first hearing which was in September 2007 - 14 months after the test.

Here's a report about it. Notice the date: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... id=3029089
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    CAS announcement today
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    iainf72 wrote:
    CAS announcement today

TFFT!, have they said what time?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    iainf72 wrote:
    CAS announcement today

TFFT!, have they said what time?

When the clock strikes thirteen :wink:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    r0bh wrote:
    When the clock strikes thirteen

GMT or CET? :lol:
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I wouldn't bother with waiting for the press to announce.. Usually the CAS just lashes up something on their website..

http://www.tas-cas.org/news

Dont be surprised if today's announcement is just another delay on the final verdict date..
    cartoon.jpg
  • LeicesterLad
    Inner Ring tweeting that there will be no CAS verdict today :(
  • yes its delayed till 6th feb
    exercise.png
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Jesus F*cking Christ. What a joke.

+1, but a predictable joke.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    iainf72 wrote:
    CAS announcement today

probably announcing a date for a new announcement, announcing the date on which they will announce the date of the next announcement.....
  • Tootler
    Tootler Posts: 53
    It's good that they have postponed it - important things like this should not be rushed.
    A snap decision would be foolhardy!
  • Just clear him so we can all move on. That's clearly what is giong to happen anyway.
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    I think the whole draw out affair has made the sport a laughing stock. Im past caring. Fantastic rider but if he was juiced I hope justice prevails, Besides, looking at next years route; Im going to stick my neck out and say Evans will retain his yellow jersey and that Brad Wiggins will make the podium.
  • LeicesterLad
    greeny1 wrote:
    I think the whole draw out affair has made the sport a laughing stock. Im past caring. Fantastic rider but if he was juiced I hope justice prevails, Besides, looking at next years route; Im going to stick my neck out and say Evans will retain his yellow jersey and that Brad Wiggins will make the podium.

I'll get the popcorn... :lol: