Exposure Flare rear light

Team4Luke
Team4Luke Posts: 597
edited January 2012 in Commuting general
I have one of these on my main road bike, one of best lights around, I use it for day time riding, have it attached to my seatpost.
Wouldn't mind another for my winter bike but I have a saddle pack under there and not enough post showing to attach the Flare. It will attach to a seat stay (not secure enough) and also to the seat tube and point through and in between both stays, however both of those put it pointing at a daft angle. Any ideas anyone, could bodge some sort of wedge for the seat tube but won't be ideal. Shame doesn't come with some other mounts.
Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young

Comments

• ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    The appears to be a 'feature' of the mounts .. shame they're not adjustable but great lights all the same. You can use old tube or tyre to form a pad to adjust the angle.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • Team4Luke
    actually I have just tried again, it fits almost perfect, I have it fitted to the seat tube, so it sticks out between the seat stays, looks very neat and tidy there too, the rubber band is holding it level upright although the mount is only touching the frame at the top on its corners. I will try and do a photo, good place this as it frees up your seatpost.
  • Team4Luke
    still need a rubber wedge to angle it up a little more, should be able to do away with my little light on the seapost now.

ExposureLightposition.jpg