Fox Service/Upgrade Advice

Gray172
Gray172 Posts: 26
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
I want to have my Fox Float 32's serviced, I've been looking at either sending them to TF Tuned or Mojo's. TF Tuned are cheaper and I have heard some good stuff about them but Mojo say they replace the old seals with the new reduced friction one's. Also Mojo are doing a Kashima upgrade for an extra £150 is that worth it?

My bike is a 2010 Trek EX8.

Thanks.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Worth looking at Locotuning as well, good work, good service and reasonable price.
    Doubt if the Kashima is worth an extra £150. Fine if it's on a new unit. Probably better off getting it tuned for your weight/ riding style.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Gray172
    OK cheers, I had a look at Loco tuning and they do seem to offer good value. I do want the new low friction seals added which I'm sure both TF and loco will be willing to do. I guess the best thing to do next would be to give them a ring.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    from experience, having used all three, I'd have to say Mojo have been the best, closely followed by Loco, mine and friends experiences of Tf Tuned have been mixed to say the least, they didnt put my Revelations back together properly it would seem, the seals swallowed the o-ring used for sag and traval, and they seemed to work worse than when they were before i sent them, they fitted the wrong seal to a mates Rp3, completely buggered it up so he had to get a new one, never had a problem with Mojo, quick, good service and the fit the new seals, decals and offer a host of upgrades that others just dont... For rockshox and anything other than fox, send them to loco imo, but if its fox, mojo all the way.

The kashima upgrade isn't that much of an upgrade for the forks, rear shocks is a different matter however, but the new seals should make a huge difference, so I'd just send them to mojo for a regular service and reap the rewards of good service :)
  • Gray172
    Well I think you have sold me on Mojo they do seem to be the best for Fox, I'm half temped by the FIT upgrade but again it's about an extra £150. I think I will probably just go with a normal service on the fork and send in my rear shock for the kashima upgrade.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    lawman wrote:
    and offer a host of upgrades that others just dont...

Might have something to do with the fact they are the UK Fox distributor for MTB parts.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Briggo wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    and offer a host of upgrades that others just dont...

Might have something to do with the fact they are the UK Fox distributor for MTB parts.

exactly, which is why i always use mojo for fox suspension, why use someone else who isn't the actual distributor for them? part of the reason i don't use tf tuned anymore, for fox atleast.