should ferdinand shake terry's hand

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
If you don't like football read no further, but for those with a passing interest seems to be a dilema for anton ferdinand before saturday's game, personally i think he should do as wayne bridge did to Terry
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    The ridiculous charade of organised pre-match handshaking should stop altogether.
  • bianchimoon
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    The ridiculous charade of organised pre-match handshaking should stop altogether.
    sounds good to me, a pre match 2 footed tackle will start em off on the right foot.. or not mebe?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    NO!! Just his neck, I am ashamed to think that , that C*nt is England captain, hes a piece of Sh*t as a human being and isnt even good enough in footballing terms alone.
  • bianchimoon
    Gotta agree with ya Tim
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    If he wants to - yes. If not - no. It's entirely up to him.

Personally I wouldn't.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • No, and I don't think they will either. He's proving to be a nasty piece of work if you ask me, some people are getting a glimpse of his true character...
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    edited January 2012
    [quote="tim wand" isnt even good enough in footballing terms alone.[/quote]

The rest of your post is your opinion, which you are entitled to, the quote above tells me that you do not know much about football really. Whatever you may think of his personality, to say he is not a good footballer shows you up as someone who does not know much about the game and I would guess, never played it to a decent level. Claudio Ranieri, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancellotti etc...... all have picked him and stuck with him, I will trust their opinion of a player above yours tim wand, if you don't mind.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    What he should do is offer his hand to Terry but at the last minute withdraw it and stick his thumb on his [own] nose with his now flat hand now pointing skywards, then bend all four fingers inwards slightly, twice. That'll about resolve this international squabble.

Edit - just spotted this. In place of the thumb / fingers gesture described here he could just mimic Cornerblock's avator. Simple, and effective, half like Terry.
  • cornerblock
    CiB wrote:
    What he should do is offer his hand to Terry but at the last minute withdraw it and stick his thumb on his [own] nose with his now flat hand now pointing skywards, then bend all four fingers inwards slightly, twice. That'll about resolve this international squabble.

Edit - just spotted this. In place of the thumb / fingers gesture described here he could just mimic Cornerblock's avator. Simple, and effective, half like Terry.

Oooh which half?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Perhaps Terry shouldn't shake Ferdinand's hand as the allegation may be untrue. Innocent until proven guilty? Just sayin'.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • CiB
    Oooh which half?
    1st. :wink:
  • cornerblock
    CiB wrote:
    Oooh which half?

Damn! Not effective eh? I have been looking at changing it. :?
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    tim wand wrote:
    NO!! Just his neck, I am ashamed to think that , that C*nt is England captain, hes a piece of Sh*t as a human being and isnt even good enough in footballing terms alone.

Well said!

For what it's worth I wouldn't acknowledge him.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Perhaps Terry shouldn't shake Ferdinand's hand as the allegation may be untrue. Innocent until proven guilty? Just sayin'.

But the allegation is from Ferdinand isn't it? so as far as he's concerned he's been racially abused and therefore within his right to refuse the handshake regardless whether or not Mr. Plod can turn up the evidence for a criminal charge.

I agree with smokin anyway, it's bizarre a sport riddled with cheating on the pitch and rank abuse in the stands insists on such a ritual before the game.
  • cornerblock
    andy46 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Well said!

For what it's worth I wouldn't acknowledge him.

Well said? So you agree that you are as incapable of seperating somebody's footballing ability from decent behaviour, as tim wand appears to be. Or are you just baa baa baaing to all of his opinion?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:

But the allegation is from Ferdinand isn't it? so as far as he's concerned he's been racially abused and therefore within his right to refuse the handshake regardless whether or not Mr. Plod can turn up the evidence for a criminal charge.

I agree with smokin anyway, it's bizarre a sport riddled with cheating on the pitch and rank abuse in the stands insists on such a ritual before the game.

Perhaps there won't be a hand shake to refuse, if you take my original point.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    No.
  • tim_wand
    edited January 2012
    Corner Block. Depends what you call a descent level. I too have captained my country at football in a sense.

Between 1988-1991 I was a member of 28 signal regt and captain of the British Army of the Rhine football team
    Playing Centre Back, I am now 41 play every Sunday and the occassional Saturday, Have been playing since the age of 7.

Never had trials for anyone, as my best playing years were spent in the Army.

On Sunday I will line up for Arnold Veterans as Centre back for what will be about my 1500 game of football at a competitive league level. My centre back partner will be Bryn Gunn who won a European Cup with Nottingham Forest.( something I believe Mr Terry ballsed up for Chelsea)

So your probably right I wouldnt know a decent centre back If I saw one and I will concede that the lack of a decent central defensive partner and some Gung Ho full backs at Chelsea have made Mr Terry look a little poor this season.

I used to go out with a lovely Girl that worked at Heatherwood hospital near Ascot.
    We were sat at a Pavement Cafe in Ascot one sunny morn when someone parked a Bently Gt Continental across the Curb, Causing an old boy to have to move into the Road in his Mobility scooter. Said Bently was owned by one Mr John Terry, whos response to being challenged on his selfish parking was "F*ck Off you C*nt"

So yes I admit Mr Terry is very good at Blocking things, Mainly Pavements with his arrogance.
    I despair of this Current England squad ever winning the World Cup, The reason why?

I see the likes of Charlton, Hurst, Banks and Peters as Gentlemen both in sport and life.
    But if anyone ever attempted to Knight that Knobhead Terry or his equally Obnoxious colleague Ashley Cole , I would hand back every single medal Her Majesty's Government had ever awarded me.
  • tim wand wrote:
    Corner Block. Depends what you call a descent level. I too have captained my country at football in a sense.

Between 1988-1991 I was a member of 28 signal regt and captain of the British Army of the Rhine football team
    Playing Centre Back, I am now 41 play every Sunday and the occassional Saturday, Have been playing since the age of 7.

On Sunday I will line up for Arnold Veterans as Centre back for what will be about my 1500 game of football at a competitive league level. My centre back partner will be Bryn Gunn who won a European Cup with Nottingham Forest.

So your probably right I wouldnt know a decent centre back If I saw one and I will concede that the lack of a decent central defensive partner and some Gung Ho full backs at Chelsea have made Mr Terry look a little poor this season.

I used to go out with a lovely Girl that worked at Heatherwood hospital near Ascot.
    We were sat at a Pavement Cafe in Ascot one sunny morn when someone parked a Bently Gt Continental across the Curb, Causing an old boy to have to move into the Road in his Mobility scooter. Said Bently was owned by one Mr John Terry, whos response to being challenged on his selfish parking was "F*ck Off you C*nt"

So yes I admit Mr Terry is very good at Blocking things, Mainly Pavements with his arrogance.
    I despair of this Current England squad ever winning the World Cup, The reason why?

I see the likes of Charlton, Hurst, Banks and Peters as Gentlemen both in sport and life.
    But if anyone ever attempted to Knight that Knobhead Terry or his equally Obnoxious colleague Ashley Cole , I would hand back every single medal Her Majesty's Government had ever awarded me.

Excellent! - Good Point Well Made!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • tim_wand
    Update Anton Ferdinand sent Airgun pellet in threatening letter!!!

See I told you Ashley Cole was involved :mrgreen:
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Bunch of f**kin media arse!
    Ferdinand didn't report Terry, a QPR fan did!
    Get on with it and just grow up or just jump on the band wagon of cr*p.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

Perhaps there won't be a hand shake to refuse, if you take my original point.

Agreed, I'll read try and read more carefully in future! :oops:

On the subject of Terry directly, he has played a large part in my disconnection with the national team. I used to watch the summer tournaments accepting we were never the best team going into them but now as well as knowing they are not the best players I also have the problem a few of them are most likely odious amoral little turds as well. I can not support them. Besides, that goal we conceded against Germany with the long punt up from the keeper, Terry and Upson looking utterly gormless as the German guy nipped in and poked it passed the keeper. Shocking stuff.
  • tim_wand
    Fair Play Bozman!

If Mr Terry is innocent then so be it, this is a matter for the courts, I think there is no small irony that hyperbole in the media has brought this case to public prominence (Considering Mr Terry's past pretensity to try and shut the press up with injunctions) and I m sure this has played a part in the vigour with which this has been reported.

The fact remains however as your rightly state a QPR fan complained, The CPS has determined a case and he will have his day in court.

IF he is guilty though, then he has performed a rascist act in the carrying out of his work, I dont know where you work but in my job that would almost certainly and rightly lead to dismissal.
  • cornerblock
    tim wand wrote:

On Sunday I will line up for Arnold Veterans as Centre back for what will be about my 1500 game of football at a competitive league level. My centre back partner will be Bryn Gunn who won a European Cup with Nottingham Forest.

Excellent! - Good Point Well Made!

Which one? The one where tim wand reveals that he has played football to a decent ameteur level as many thousands of people have?
    Or the point where he explains how much of an inconsiderate pri*k a footballer can be in these days of overpaid ego maniacs?
    Everyone is entitled to their views. Would I want John Terry as a neighbour? Probably not. Would I pick him as a centre half for my team ahead of any other current English central defender? Yes.
  • CiB
    CiB wrote:
    Oooh which half?

Damn! Not effective eh? I have been looking at changing it. :?
    Terry. Simple. Not effective. :!:
  • Aggieboy
    tim wand wrote:
    Update Anton Ferdinand sent Airgun pellet in threatening letter!!!

See I told you Ashley Cole was involved :mrgreen:

I see it was, in fact, a bullet. I reckon it was Fernando Torres, it obviously missed by a mile.
  • I love to have a shake of this

fat%2Bwoman.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • tim_wand
    Isn't that Wayne Bridges Ex after Terry had been at her?
  • bianchimoon
    iMHO an england captain should have the respect of not only the majority or English footballers but also the majority of England fans, terry falls way short in this respect. When you can't see the consequences of sleeping with your best mates wife for yourself, your children, your wife, your best mate, your club, your national team, football fans. When your under pressure on a football pitch and you resort to language that shames you, your family, your upbringing or the company you keep (I've seen the video, even a myopic lip reader can work that one out) no matter how good you used to be as a footballer - your not a fit and proper person to hold the post