Wigans interview

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2012 in Pro race
It's quite a good one

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ja ... r-defrance

But I have walked away from it wondering who the Olympics RR really figures on the "importance" list. Surely winning lots of stages of the Tour or Milan - San Remo has more value from a cycling perspective.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Excellent article, Mr Wiggins is presented as the mature and professional athlete that he is. A bit of a change from the 'my mate ( fill in name )' interviews that often pass for reportage in our sporting press.

This is Olympic Year in G B and there is no escape from the 'bigging up' which follows. :roll:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    iainf72 wrote:
    But I have walked away from it wondering who the Olympics RR really figures on the "importance" list. Surely winning lots of stages of the Tour or Milan - San Remo has more value from a cycling perspective.

The Tour and MSR are there every year, though. A suitable Olympic RR may only come once a career. And on home turf - very few get that chance.

I don't think MSR, for example, does have more value either. Bettini, Sanchez, Cancellara - they all had bits of kit commemorating their gold medals. I can remember anyone having something to mark themselves out as an MSR winner.
    Twitter: @RichN95