Evans Cycles bad unprofessional service

metalmonkey
metalmonkey Posts: 144
edited January 2012 in Road buying advice
I thought I would warn other people of the poor service Evans Cycles offers.

Well the story is I went into Kingston Store to exchange something over, that wasn't a problem. They had a Go Pro Hero HD 2 that was sale, simply it was missing a few parts. I said to the guys in the store I would have the camera, being that I was on my road bike no backpack I said I would come back later with my credit card and backpack as I had neither with me.

I called them back the following day to check they still had the camera, that they willing to put it aside it for me they said sure no problem they would hold it until the end of the day. I get to the shop, I was like Hey I'm here to pick up and pay for the camera. The assistant manager, was like its been sold. They sold it another random person, despite having taken my name, phone number and also who could have I been the same person!

So the assistant manger was like I will get another one for the same price, he would call me the next day. He never called so I called them. They said they had got another camera, but I would have to over to East London to collect it. I said no chance, get it sent to the Kingston Store. They never called back, it turns out the guy I had been speaking to was off work till next week. No one in the store had a clue what was going on.

So I called their head office to rasie the issue, I explaixed the issue they said they would call me back. So they call me back, the assistant manager said to the person head office they had never said that they would get one for the same price me which was £125, but just give 10% off a complete camera (I didn't mind it was missing bits, I would have built my own grips kit anyway) that I was lying about it. That that in fact the one they were getting for me from East London would only be 10% off not the price he had promised.

So after all that despite admitting their mistakes, they would offer 20% of the full price off a camera after I spoke with a manger I would have to wait till the middle of next month at least before they would have any. I couldn't belive just how rude and unprofessional the company is. I have bought two bikes of them, plus kit then they turn round and treat their customers like dirt.

The question has be asked if they act like this over a camera, they who will they behave when it comes to something more serious like an issue with a bike.

Comments

• taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    boy-sitting-with-popcorn-and-pop_CreativePlayPlus.jpg

:lol:
  • McNulty
    McNulty Posts: 63
    :roll:
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    I thought I would warn other people how I missed out on a good deal because I wasn't quick enough...

fixed that....
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Did you read the small print pertaining to Evans Customer Service?:

8<
    "F.W Evans Cycles (UK) Limited reserve the right to invoke their "as much use as a c0ck flavoured lollipop" ethos when dealing with any customer service issue...."
    8<

You missed out here, probably should of been quicker with the backpack and like credit card, but Evans are scum f00kers who don't care because they sell in so much volume, one hacked off customer won't stop them opening another London store. Don't buy from them again - simples :)
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Always found them extremely helpful, very patient, very polite and always willing to lend a hand.

Sometimes it takes a bit of asking, but in general, I would always highly recommend them (although labour is a bit pricey).

Sounds like you some guy, who was willing, off his own back, do YOU a favour in spite of you being a bit disorganised, and it didn't work out

Life sucks mate. Go and punish yourself on some hills to make it all feel better
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Why have you put this in Road and MTB?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    bails87 wrote:
    Why have you put this in Road and MTB?

Gnarly
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    I'm so stoked on this thread
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    I don't know why anyone would by from Evans/Wiggle and the likes anyway. If there is something I need I always visit on of my local shops and see if they have it and would they price match. I haven't been disappointed yet and my LBS have always done their best to match prices. Support your LBS people.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    its not hard to match evans prices imo.
  • Have i got this wrong:

You missed out on a reduced (incomplete) head cam because you went shopping without a wallet.
    You then expect them to get you a complete one for the same price.

I can understand fustration at companies not returning calls, but **it happens, dry your eyes princess.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    That's like a total bummer. What are you like going to do now?
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --