Gloves+.....cof tights cof cof

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Looking out for some All rounder Gloves as my sombrino ones are worn to shreds.

Gloves wise tempted to get Giro DJ gloves but given we still in winter im not sure if they be too exposed and so something like Gore Xenon gloves be better, though quite pricy(though i know gore stuff is good based on my current Gore gear)

Lastly, tights :lol:

Having been using Leg warmers which have been doing well, my shorts inners on my Endura Singletracks have pretty much worn down so seems like a good idea to get a pair of tights as i get two in one, without those seams to rub on the outer side of the leg.

Though if anyone knows of any decent inner shorts that work with Endura singletrack shorts please let me know too.

thanks for advice in advance.
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Muddy fox do padded tights for 11quid in sports direct, it's winter, I wear them as a base layer I am not a fag or a raodie...........!!!

They do other stuff, shorts etc maybe not great for fashion but as bases they get a thumbs up from me.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Padded black tights under long shorts are just acceptable when it's freezing*. That's it.

When I say freezing, I mean a northerns 'it's freezing'
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DHB (Wiggle)/Endura/Altura for good value stuff, Muddy Fox for cheap stuff, Assos/Gore etc for pricier but slightly better stuff.

I do ~100 miles per week commuting and wear a mix of DHB, Endura and Altura bibs/shorts under baggies, and they're good.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Have you got any specific suggestions for Padded inners which will work with Endura Singletrack shorts ie their clicky system?

Been looking online and there are a LOT of different types out their so interested to hear which is best bet
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Have you got any specific suggestions for Padded inners which will work with Endura Singletrack shorts ie their clicky system?

Been looking online and there are a LOT of different types out their so interested to hear which is best bet

Ordinary cycle shorts work fine - the clicky system is a bit more hype than substance.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bails87
    benpinnick wrote:
    Have you got any specific suggestions for Padded inners which will work with Endura Singletrack shorts ie their clicky system?

Ordinary cycle shorts work fine - the clicky system is a bit more hype than substance.
    Yep, just get normal bibs. Try tenn outdoors for cheap, decent stuff.
    MTB/CX

• looked around some local shops and the quality of the "padded shorts" is pretty crap tbh.

What padded shorts/bibs are better than the current "clickfast" shorts you get with singletrack shorts then??

(impressed with my gore stuff so far so if no luck i might just buy Gore Bibs,if so any suggestions? )
  • bails87
    I'd say pretty much any roadie oriented padded shorts will be better than the 'token gesture' clickfast shorts. I've got a couple of them, and they're fine, but I wouldn't commute in them (bum on saddle 99% of the time, vs not-very-much % on the MTB) and I'll wear bibs if I've got the choice.

I'm happy with the DHB stuff. I've got some of their Roubaix bib tights (full length, fleecy inside) and the Aeron Race 3/4s which are both good. The Aerons are nicer, but a lot cooler.
    MTB/CX

• Bib wise i think they are very good from what i have heard compared to just short inners, but they are quite pricy,

Might have a look in a few shops at the Gore stuff but again price is quite insane for it.
  • bails87
    Bib wise i think they are very good from what i have heard compared to just short inners, but they are quite pricy,

Might have a look in a few shops at the Gore stuff but again price is quite insane for it.
    Yeah, they are more expensive.

You could always get unpadded bibs/tights and padded liners. That way you're covered for winter and summer.
    MTB/CX