Rose Bikes Stuff

xand_xand
xand_xand Posts: 271
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just wanted to post that the buying experience ive had with Rose Bikes this week has been absolutley top draw.
I like to offer praise when service is so good.

Placed an order on Sunday night for Fizik Cyrano seat post and Fizik Tundra 2 saddle.....item arrived Thursday morning from Germany complete with free lightweight 'Rose' kit bag.

Thanks Rose Bikes.

If anyone out there has had any concerns due to location..do not worry, communication, delivery and free gifts = happy days.

Of any they have some cracking offers on their products page too!
Oh and discount avaiualble for first time buyers too...just have to add their facebook page, like their facebook page and goto vouchers on rhs for a voucher code..
MY CUBE
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Wish I could say the same.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Super's just grumpy because he wanted to buy some cheap stuff and then flog it over here for more money, but they ran out before he could do it :wink:

I also bought some bits (XT drivetrain stuff) from them, delivered quickly, free drinks mat :? , and a quick refund for the bits that I'd ordered but were now out of stock.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • supersonic
    It was the refund I had probs with, had to get paypal to sort it. Their prices are not always what they seem.
  • supersonic wrote:
    It was the refund I had probs with, had to get paypal to sort it. Their prices are not always what they seem.

What do you mean?

Hidden extras or????
  • supersonic
    They seemed to have got the euro pound conversion wrong with me, so the price they were displaying in pounds was less than in euro, but i was still charged in euro.
  • supersonic wrote:
    They seemed to have got the euro pound conversion wrong with me, so the price they were displaying in pounds was less than in euro, but i was still charged in euro.

Do you mean they charged you the price of the goods in numbers in Pounds, say 50 pounds or 60 euros, but actually charged 60 Pounds?

With the conversion rate though, it works out the same. They are a european business, so it will come out of your account in Euros.
  • Was it a really big difference? Shouldn't have been more than a couple of %

That's the problem with buying from abroad, unless they can charge you in GBP you always have to consider where they are getting their rates from. How often are they updated, do they include a margin at all, who will be making the conversion, all that guff.

I usually check the prices in EUR, convert to GBP on reuters, and then add another 5% to cover any margins. It's generally pretty conservative doing it that way.
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    bloomin hell wish i hadnt said anything now
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Isn't that just an issue when paying via Paypal though?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    No problems for me - good prices on kit, delivered in a decent time (for continentals) and I'm still using the free cereal bowl thay gave me :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    I would use them again: everyone deserves a second chance. But to make a few things clear:

First off they lost my order. I paid, and it wouldn't show on the website nor did I get an email. I contacted them and they put it through manually. Then I got an email back saying 2 out of the 3 identical items were out of stock (the website was wrong) and they'd refund the balance. But they were several Euros short. It seems their Euro prices fluctuate with exchange rate, while the UKP price stays constant. Of course it should (or might) balance out overall, but the point is I paid in Euros a certain amount, so I want refunding in Euros that amount, not several short.
    They said they did not refund postage pro rata, but I'd taken that into account! They then ignored my emails, so I raised a dispute with Paypal who issued the refund.