Giant TCR Advanced SL Rabobank (2011)

memsley89
memsley89 Posts: 247
edited February 2012 in Your road bikes
So I picked this little lovely up in the 40% off sale in my local Giant dealer.
Full Dura-Ace, including the C50 wheelset.
Pro Vibe cockpit, Selle Italia SLR Team Edition.
Loving the bling orange fixing kit and bolts! (right down to the mech hanger!)

6738420439_7b2277410d.jpg

6738422441_b010da7365.jpg

6738424455_079c1f9d9a.jpg

6738456265_66535a6c20.jpg

Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet, but it's abit ridiculous.
Descends like it's on rails.

Comments

• siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    :shock: You don't mess about.

What's supposed to happen on BR is that folk on waste hours answering new bike advice questions, then the poster disappears never to be heard of again. What doesn't happen is that he toddles off to the shop and parts with 1000's before leaving with the one of the coolest bikes on the planet!

Do you think my assessment of the bike was fair?
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    Yeh man, to be honest I didn't need much reassurance before parting with my cash. I've yet to find a poorly review... Your assessment seems to match t'others. I've yet to truely test it myself yet, only ridden it home from the shop so far, but that was enough to suprise me! Heading out on a club ride to truely give it a run around tomorrow!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    That's beautiful but you need gumwall tyres to really make it perfect.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Looks good - don't think I have seen a pic of a bike on a bed before
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    looks great, 40% off is a nice saving!!
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the rabobank stickers must add £1500 alone.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Is there a non-ISP version? I really don't like ISPs (and they damage chances of moving the frame on).

Otherwise, very nice. Love the little orange touches. Will you be wearing the RaboBank kit as well? :)
  • Good to see some really nice TCR Advanced SL's on here at the moment. Clearly the owners of these bikes are people of impeccable taste.
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    Is there a non-ISP version? I really don't like ISPs (and they damage chances of moving the frame on).

Otherwise, very nice. Love the little orange touches. Will you be wearing the RaboBank kit as well? :)

The non ISP is less stiff and noticeably less comfortable (and 15 grams heavier)! I would defy you to ride both then choose the Vector seatpost. The ISP frame is mind changingly awesome, the non ISP simply excellent.

I think there is about 25 or 30mm of adjustment once the ISP is chopped + you get two clamps, one straight the other with 25m of saddle offset.
  • You can't knock the ISP on somebody else's bike if it is based on your unwillingness to live with the inconvenience. Yes they can be a pain to transport etc but in terms of aesthetics and ride they are great - surely that is all that matters if the bike isn't yours.

I am biased of course. Nice TCR by the way :D
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Looks great. Is that a Large frame? What was the total bill for that?

ISPs ride great. It's true I eventually bought regular seatpost bike (R3SL) to facilitate bike packing & travel but my 2006 ISP rides every bit as well as the much newer R3SL.

But who buys a bike with the idea of selling it - when my daughter was born I didn't imagine which coffin would suit her best.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • snowley
    snowley Posts: 149
    Looks amazing!

There is a giant dealer local to me so I may need to pop in and have a browse.....
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Looks fab! Can I borrow your wheels for mine?!?!
  • How did i miss this one.One of my favourite frames of the moment.What a belter that is!!