Basic heart rate monitor

daveyroids
daveyroids Posts: 223
edited February 2012 in Training, fitness and health
Its been a while since I have wanted a heart rate monitor. I am after something basic that I can use on my bike and wrist.

Over everything else it needs to be reliable and I would prefer a time in zone function but this is not essential.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I have an old DHB heart rate monitor lying around - I think the bike mount went missing a while back though I'm sure you could bodge one easily enough. £10 posted if you want it.
  • nhoj
    nhoj Posts: 129
    I think ALDI or Lidl might still be selling them.
  • mustol
    mustol Posts: 134
    Lloyds Pharmacy (either on-line or in store) currently selling theirs for £12.99. Got one myself, does everything you need from a budget HRM, including Zone Alarm.
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    Plenty of them online for very little. Mine cost about £10 delivered. However, it may be useful to have one that gives the average HR. I've not been able to use that function yet but , who knows.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    I use a Polar FT1, always done the job i need it too!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=52666
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    mustol wrote:
    Lloyds Pharmacy (either on-line or in store) currently selling theirs for £12.99. Got one myself, does everything you need from a budget HRM, including Zone Alarm.

Cheers for that! I made the purchase on Friday, and did everything i wanted it to do on Sunday, absolute bargain really..
  • Xommul
    Xommul Posts: 251
    I have a polar p70, cost about 50 quid, has zones and diary etc, water resist for 50m. Works great for me.
    MTB Trek 4300 Disc 1999
    Road Rose Carbon Pro RS Custom
    Canyon Spectral AL 7.9 29er
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I got the Lloyds one when they were a tenner. It works reliably as advertised, but the HR figures are tiny so I can no longer read them without my reading glasses (annoyingly the time is displayed in large characters, but you can't customise the display. No HR zone function on mine either :( )