The "I've had no sleep" thread

oodboo
oodboo Posts: 2,171
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Hartley's. Who gives them the right to call themselves Britain's favourite jam? It's easy to get hold of and cheap but that doesn't mean it's my favourite. I'd rather have some banana curd if I'm honest but you don't see that often and I suppose it's not technically jam.
I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava

Comments

• oodboo
    The 15 mile ride to work should wake me up a bit.

Strava
  • Mehning!

Was told some interesting knews about a girl I liked for years, last night. Not sure whether it's true or not, but was not really the thing to be told 5 minutes before trying to sleep. As a result (at least, I think it's because of this), my head was spinning, my heart rate went off the scale, and I was still awake at 3am :(

As a result, today will not be a good day and I'm not in the best of moods.

Feckit.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Feck it is cold up here.

Not here
    <----
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Another meh day of work & study. Didn't get as much done as I wanted last night due to a cracking Carling cup game :)
  • Morning all,

today was payday, so money will be taken out, and most likely spent quickly, as wife has decided she needs a whole new style of hair. I'm off to finish completely cleaning the old flat, and then after that I have no clue. Probably go to the LBS, and check on a few small parts I want. Gotta start saving for the stupid price of a license here, 1600 euros to learn how to do something I already know how to do, and a waste of 2 months, but at least I can drive then.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Where are you Nick?

Morning nuggetts.
    Been having issues this morning, it turns out i cant be warm and use the computer at the same time :roll: add to that the smell of my mint and chocolate shower gell driving me nuts.

Slept like a dead man last night :D i think mainly because Beyonce is finnished (except shock) and i can relax. Wife was like "is that it, can you start paying your family attention again" :lol:

Today a few little jobs but mainly hoping it stops raining by tonight and warms up slightly so i can go and get muddy :)

Laters sprockets
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    oodboo wrote:
    I'd rather have some banana curd if I'm honest but you don't see that often and I suppose it's not technically jam.
    I've never seen this? i must hunt it down i love bananananananananas

on another point if you havent slept, is this technically allowed to be a morning thread???
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Won the match 4-1 yesterday, made a couple of saves when needed, clattered a few people, unfortunately at one point my helmet got dragged off somehow and I got a stick to the head, still hurting quite a lot.

Uni today, cutting up pregnant dogs I think, lovely, then more uni work before I get an early night.

Laters
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning Jizz Moppers.

Today is my Friday - Saweeeeet!

Thought it was another day of meh in work but have just got a job down in "Thick Chips" aka Dumfries so may just have to nip home and stick the bike in the car and hit Ae forest on the way up the road.
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Moorning Beaver patrollers....

Today is win! got tickets to see the mighty PWEI and got tracking no. for newly purchased chinese carbon 29er frame.

Also I slept like a log, mainly as i'm knackered... bike mileage since sat = 225m

Got to pick up new replacement charger and suspension linkage from LBS on the way home

and tonight is pub night - win again! - just hope I don't fall asleep in my pint
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Доброе утро!

The Russians have arrived, and I've done my bit of standing around and smiling until lunchtime.
    Today is work, messing around getting the Russians enrolled and ID cards, then gym, food, sleep.
    Really looking forward to the weekend simply because this week has been a bit full on.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning Mongs + Mongettes,

Waiting for BT to deliver a router that works so I can get my internet back...till then I am doing house related jobs :-( hope to be a free man again later today. Had a good mud-plugging day at Bedgebury yesterday and a few goes on the dirt jumps, but the blisters on my thumbs from Cwmcarn are now looking prettyt messy so looks like I'll have to cut back on the biking for a few days, unless I can find a dose of MTFU in the cupboard :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning homos.

Supposed to be working today, but I'm working so hard on getting movement back in my leg, I really cba with "work" work. As such, I'll mostly be skiving today.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    i love bananananananananas

Euphemism?
    I'll give you a Euphenism in a minute!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Off to Barry Island in a bit to have a look at'trains again. Still waiting for the boneshaker to arrive so as I can start riding into work, I have a feeling its been sent to Wolverhampton, no biggy, I'm off there on Saturday.

Loving cardiff still however, just not sure how i'm going to cope with the change from a 33-34 hour working week to a 44-47 hour one, even with a week off a month

laterz
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon analytical buttfucckotts

Today is really meh to the point I am about to go home.

Check my emails halfway through a meeting to find one from the Spongs Mother saying she'd been in a pile up on the A14, and the car's written off and not to worry. WTF? Last time they said something like that Spongs Father had a blood clot on the lung and nearly died.

I am therefore calming down a bit before driving back to the ancestral home to make sure they're ok.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • VWsurfbum
    Hope their ok spongtastic, no one like to hear that!
    Gazlar even on those hours its hardly "real" work!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Afternoon All, four days left of annual leave!

My Graduation photos have come so I'm happy. :)
  • Afternoon analytical buttfucckotts

Today is really meh to the point I am about to go home.

Check my emails halfway through a meeting to find one from the Spongs Mother saying she'd been in a pile up on the A14, and the car's written off and not to worry. WTF? Last time they said something like that Spongs Father had a blood clot on the lung and nearly died.

I am therefore calming down a bit before driving back to the ancestral home to make sure they're ok.

Hope all is well, I had to ride the A14 from St. Neots back to Cambridge one morning, and the traffic is full of idjots. Thank god for filtering though!
  • On a funny note, on going into my hotmail account I got asked to do one of the captcha things. It literally read "active arsehoe"
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    i love bananananananananas

people only like bananas because of the shape.

hello cunts. had a good day, a good run, a good early knock off and some good curry.

might go to bed.

sideways.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Right, that's that sorted tfft.
    Seems the accident on the A14 consisted of an Italian Navy bod slamming into the rear of mothers Clio writing it off in a rather spectacular fashion. Said Italian immediately admitted liability rather than just running as would be expected despite mother jumping out of the car and asking 'I hope you're insured you Polish bastard' (apps to jay12, no accounting for the older generation) despite the obvious mistake, our Italian stayed and phoned his CO, who phoned the Navy CO, who phoned the interpreter, all three of whom made sure a rather belligerent mother was ok. And I found out it happened yesterday.

Parents? What a f**king nightmare.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    An Italian that didn't run away from a situation, wow!

Missk is out and I haven't got the required bits for fettling, so thought I'd play gt5, but turns out it needed a software update. That'll be quick....errr no it won't, slow as fook, 25 mins to download 1 package of data, and there are thirteen of them!

Grrr
  • VWsurfbum
    Rents, Who'd have em!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Rentboys, Who'd have em!

efa :lol:
  • oodboo
    Well I think I managed a total of about 3 hours sleep last night. Been up for about 5 hours and just got to work. Today will be mostly spent nodding off.

Strava
  • oodboo wrote:
    Today will be mostly spent nodding off.

Is that a euphemism?
  • oodboo
    oodboo wrote:
    Today will be mostly spent nodding off.

Is that a euphemism?

It would be if I had any energy.

Strava