Olympic RR: Box Hill spectator numbers increased to 15,000

Comments

• Fantastic news! Let's just hope that of the 15,000 tickets being allocated a large proportion are true cycling fans who will really appreciate the spectacle that will be laid on.
  • how do you get a ticket?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    From the National Trust I expect. I've had a look on the NT Box Hill web page, but it doesn't seem up to date. Hopefully they'll announce the sale in advance. I believe tickets will be released in April from what I've seen in Google.

I'll go if I can get tickets.

I expect, knowing the NT, that they may be offered to NT members first.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    From the National Trust I expect. I've had a look on the NT Box Hill web page, but it doesn't seem up to date. Hopefully they'll announce the sale in advance. I believe tickets will be released in April from what I've seen in Google.

Who won't use them as a form of protest for allowing spectators onto the hallowed ground of Box Hill
  • Tickets are organised by LOCOG - nothing to do with the National Trust. Nothing on the LOCOG site yet but they say keep watching for updates
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Who won't use them as a form of protest for allowing spectators onto the hallowed ground of Box Hill

I won't..... Maybe the money my wife makes me pay to the NT might be more useful this year
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    More tickets = More money ... For a sport where one of the few things it still does right is that it is free to the people, only in GB could we come up with the stupid idea of charging for a prime viewing spot ... No doubt if they could charge for the entire route they would ...
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Tickets are organised by LOCOG - nothing to do with the National Trust. Nothing on the LOCOG site yet but they say keep watching for updates

I see. Thanks for the correction.

I can't believe the NT aren't getting a cut of the tickets though, it's their property after all.
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    I thought it was meant to be free
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    yawn
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    sfichele wrote:
    I thought it was meant to be free

Who says it isn't?
    Twitter: @RichN95