The Why, Why, Why (Is is Only) Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited January 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

I feel ultra tired today. No idea why as I think I slept ok, probably just not for long enough (again).

No plans for today, should be a steady one, which is a good thing.

That's about it really. Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Its wednesday, which means i'll be out of the office all day visiting sites and doing 100's of miles :roll:
    Coffee's and porridge to feature soon.

Had a email from a friend on essexhertsmtb.co.uk to say that i was in MBUK, well, a comment i had made.
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/vwsurfbum/?action=view&current=temporary-30.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Had a pretty succesful fettle last night and managed to take Beyonce out on her first trip around the block with VWDog, pretty happy with her it must be said.

Right onwards to boredom.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Morning all,

I'm potentially dedicating 19 hours of my day to work related activities today... been at work since 7, then heading to Park Lane for an awards ceremony which my company has been nominated in a few categories. The awards thing finishes at 2am, so yea.. long ass day.

The worst thing? No free bar (meh), so on the day before payday in January, the longest month EVARRRR... I have to pay silly London prices for drinks. Company card hasn't arrived, so shall have to claim it back. Boooo.

Still, I shouldn't complain, black tie event, probably hot ladies there and staying in an epic hotel overnight :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    corporate finance handed in last night & strategy next week. Therefore today and for most of the this and next week, it is work followed by study & no cycling :(
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I fell out of bed and landed on my face. Fail.
    Uni today, it's "optional wednesday" where instead of learning about repro cycles and animal stuff we've got lectures on decision making, slightly ironic I'm struggling to decide whether to go or not.
    Hockey this afternoon.
    Not much planned for the evening except relaxing at the pub.

Laters
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    question in the office today - what would you do with £41million?

I'd probably end up buying a house, a couple of chalets (Canada/Alps), maybeee a new bike. Probably a new car (nothing flash). And then I'd start some kind of charitable foundation for the wee kiddies.

Anyway, daydreaming over.
    Saw a job in York that sounds great, more money (although moving to York would mean more expenses), something I'm interested in... ran it past MrF and he was a bit cautious. Going to apply anyway, haven't applied for a job in 6 years, worth it for the practice really.

Today = work (preparing for a Russian invasion), gym, food, sleep.
    Onward to porridge with blueberries.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Goooooooooood Morning Homos!

Just got back from the physio. First proper session since my op, and it's good news.

She's very impressed with my progress. I've been given a load of exercises to do over the coming week. I intend to take the rest of the week off and just do them pretty much constantly. If I have 90deg range of movement by Monday when I go back, she's going to set me up on the exercise bike. I can then power my way through the next 4 weeks until my 6week checkup, after which time I can use the hospital gym as much as I like.

She reckons if I REALLY work at it, I can be back on the bike in time for summer.

I'm a very happy camper right now.

Now I just need to shift the 2st I've put on since October because that's making me feel gash too.
  • foxc_uk wrote:
    'Ning
    question in the office today - what would you do with £41million?

I'd probably end up buying a house, a couple of chalets (Canada/Alps), maybeee a new bike. Probably a new car (nothing flash). And then I'd start some kind of charitable foundation for the wee kiddies.

Anyway, daydreaming over.
    Saw a job in York that sounds great, more money (although moving to York would mean more expenses), something I'm interested in... ran it past MrF and he was a bit cautious. Going to apply anyway, haven't applied for a job in 6 years, worth it for the practice really.

Today = work (preparing for a Russian invasion), gym, food, sleep.
    Onward to porridge with blueberries.
    Kisses
    FoxC

My recommendation, buy a few already established companies, preferably all in the same field, spend the money buying new building, and merge the companies together to form business angel networks. Finance/investment/due dilligence in one branch, marketing and business administration in another branch, and watch your money grow to the point you can afford what you want and more :D

Morning all, after yesterdays news that I got into the next round, the evening was spent full of getting drunk and getting my hands on anything regarding mergers and acquisitions I could find. Lots of reading, which ended up with me going to bed at 3am, and just waking up. I'm going to enjoy my last few days of working from home if I do get this job, sleeping in and doing fark all.
  • Midweek Meh Maggots!

Today is a day of boredom, not a lot to do work wise, so today will be spent making a few calls.
    Right, time for a cup of tea...
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    hey wazchops!

today is meh. Really meh.

No access to our external servers, so the report I store on there, and have to update by tomorrow morning can't be. Apparently I'll be able to do it this afternoon but they seem to forget I'm in a meeting from 2 till 6 which is 120 miles away and the office will be locked at 6.

Then there's the meh value of the meeting itself, the first between a major client and my imposed replacement minion who is
    a. As thick as s**t.
    b. Half asleep half the time, and totally asleep the other half.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning (just)

Today I am tired, up at 6, 28 lengths in the pool at a fast breast stroke (fnar fnar)
    Working in my old job to finish a report so in until 9/10 tonight.

Woke up this morning dreaming of pain au chocolat, literally dreaming about it, this healthy eating sucks ass!

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Afternoon Wasters,

My new super duper BT internet connection was meant to go live last night only they delivered a duff one of thse home hubs so have only got interweb access via the Crackberry or internet cafe's till tomorrow :-( as a result I've got naff all to do so I'm off to Bedgebury shortly :-)

C'yall later....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon all! I don't know about it only being Wednesday, I could do with it only being Monday the amount of work I have to get crammed in before Friday, to make things even harder, the potter announced his arrival in Sheffield on Thursday lunch time instead of Friday afternoon, meaning I lose a whole day, it is impossible to work with him around. Gah!

FoxC, what is the job you are going for? MrF now, not THL any more? I think I preferred THL :lol:

Right now, I need bacon!!!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    MissBint37 wrote:
    FoxC, what is the job you are going for? MrF now, not THL any more? I think I preferred THL :lol:
    It's a volunteer project officer at York Uni... Doubt I'll even get an interview, but it's worth the practice of writing an application!
    I don't think he looks like THL any more, spent too much time with him obviously! so MrF it is...
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Afternoon drivelers...
    pilch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    waiting for BT to deliver a new router so I can get my new Broadband service set up and finally ditch the incompetent feckwits known as TalkTalk

Good luck with that, i've run out of expletives to describe the pants, useless, wank (lack of) service that BT offer...
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    My new super duper BT internet connection was meant to go live last night only they delivered a duff one of thse home hubs so have only got interweb access via the Crackberry or internet cafe's till tomorrow :-(

I see BT have lived up to expectations then :wink:
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Wait until you need technical support from them, I called and would have learned more about my internet connection had I asked the kind Indian man about curry than I did about our home hub.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Again, woke up late. works been generally quiet apart from a massive delivery.

think i'm supposed to be meeting the crazy girl tonight but not sure :S but need to fit watching football in as well.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    a massive delivery.

thats like what i make at the end of obviousing your necessary.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pilch wrote:
    Afternoon drivelers...
    pilch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    waiting for BT to deliver a new router so I can get my new Broadband service set up and finally ditch the incompetent feckwits known as TalkTalk

Good luck with that, i've run out of expletives to describe the pants, useless, wank (lack of) service that BT offer...
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    My new super duper BT internet connection was meant to go live last night only they delivered a duff one of thse home hubs so have only got interweb access via the Crackberry or internet cafe's till tomorrow :-(

I see BT have lived up to expectations then :wink:
    Finally found there was a problem with the line not the home hub, so I now have a spare home hub :-D Asked BT how much to get one of their engineers round to fix the line - quoted me £205 :shock: Phoned up my local sparky who did it for a tenner...

At least my internet is now faster than it was before and I am now shot of TalkTalk who were useless even by BT standards.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]