Replacement rubber for led lights

mercedism
mercedism Posts: 102
edited May 2012 in Commuting general
The rubber on my removable led lights is starting to perish. Its the type about an inch wide with holes cut into it to wrap round the frame/handlebars.

Nothing wrong with the lights but does anybody know where i can get some cheap replacement rubber. Need to be able to fit/remove quickly so only looking for replacement rubber solutions.

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Cut up pieces of innertube? Not sure I follow your description of what you're after, actually -- pictures?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • roddixon
    roddixon Posts: 100
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-h29-switch-bracket/ seems to have a couple included. You get a free bracket for a Cateye H29 aswell!
  • Hmm, not sure the Cateye rubber shim is what mercedism is after. Although they are sturdy and might survive a hole punch/bradle makes the holes.
    Something more substantial than the rubber, perforated wraps you get with Raceblades? Ask your local LBS if they've got anything 'spare'.
    Royal Mail red elastic bands are stronger than they look and seem to suffer UV better then normal bands if you're after a quick/cheap fix (can normally be found littering your local Post Box)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12518196
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • mercedism
    Have included a pic as requested, but as it will be mounted on the saddle stem which needs to go up and down fully, any permanent method like cable ties will not be suitable.

Will keep an eye out for postman bands.

photo0006p.jpg
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    a bit of innertube suitably hole punched or bradawled will do the job I reckon
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I'd glue some double-sided velcro tie wraps to the light. Easily removable.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • mercedism
    davis wrote:
    I'd glue some double-sided velcro tie wraps to the light. Easily removable.

This looks like the easiest answer as don't have any inner tubes.

Have checked the lights and they have a release hook to remove the light from the rubber and mounting. I reckon i could thread some velcro direct through it.

Sorted.
  • Something more substantial than the rubber, perforated wraps you get with Raceblades? Ask your local LBS if they've got anything 'spare'.

led strip lighting
    high density led strip
    12v led light bars