Specialized Secteur Comp 2011

FleetPaul
FleetPaul Posts: 18
edited January 2012 in Your road bikes
Hi. First post for me having just acquired my first roadbike after 6 months and 1,500 miles of enjoyable hybrid riding. No photos yet but it's the 2011 Specialized Secteur Comp, reduced from last years (inflated) RRP of £1,350 to just £920 from my local bike shop.

88 miles covered over three rides to date and it's an absolute joy, especially now I've fitted the SPD-A600 pedals. Geometry is perfect for a sportive junkie like me, front and rear carbon forks with Zertz inserts soak up plenty of road buzz, and at a shade over 9kg it's certainly light enough. Not the most aggressive bike of course, but if I get down in the drops I can comfortably maintain bursts of 25mph on flat roads. Cornering, ascending and descending all feel great too.

So I was wondering if there are any other Secteur owners out there? If so do you like what you ride? I don't see many about and they've received some rather lukewarm press, not least in the latest issue of Cycling Plus where the Elite variant got short shrift. Me? Maybe I'm just not discerning enough, although I am looking forward to at least four sportives this year plus the Oxford - Cambridge BHF run in September.

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    pics?
  • Just the one pic so far. 2011 spec which means full Shimano 105 groupo and Mavic CXP22 hubs. Don't plan to change anything for a while.
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    I have an 2011 Elite and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, i prefer the more upright riding position. It has SRAM Apex 11-32 which i find great.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011