DH from today...

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited January 2012 in Your pics and vids
Went over Cwmcarn, did some of the red and had a play on the jumps before heading over to the DH.

Was on my own so tend to hold back a bit (plus I was foooooking knackered from climbing up there :lol: )... and it was very windy!

Anyways, excuses over :D

http://contour.com/stories/a-windy-cwmcarn-dh-run

Raw rid, but watch out for the sheep and see me get blown sideways over a drop at about 4:30!

Not sure if anyone is actually interested in watching these, but theres no point in filming if I don't share them haha.

Enjoy lol.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    NM,

Great vid as usual, I enjoy watching these so keep 'em coming :cool: . Your earlier CC vids were handy as well for me to get a feel of the DH course - I tried it for the first time on Friday and had a good laugh despite having no rear derailleur or chain for the afternoon runs !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Nice run, loved watching that.

"Sheeeeep!". Lol.
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    another good vid from you matey. bet you cacked yourself a bit when the wind took you.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Cheers guys :D

Yeah that wind was a bit of a shock... considering it was my 1 and only run of the day I wasn't prepared for it at all! I think a lot of the guys on the uplift had gone home!

Stevo, let me know when you're next on the CC DH, how many runs did you manage in the end?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Nice vid, TNM. 8)

One day I'll do that DH. One day...
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Stevo, let me know when you're next on the CC DH, how many runs did you manage in the end?
    Will do mate, I am keen to go again sometime soon - reckon I'd be a fair bit slower than you though, I need a bit more practice and some bigger balls :-)

I managed 8 runs, 4 with a chain and 4 without. Kenny only does up 8 trips to the top in winter :-(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I was meant to do CC DH 2 weeks ago but bust my back the previous week. I'd booked the uplift service too. :x

3 weeks now and still can only just about walk. I think it might be time to visit the doctor...... :roll:

Cannot wait to do it. I think the next trip is Fort William and I really need some DH practice before I do that one.
  • Doesn't sound too good! When you recover let me know if you do pop over for a skid!

Tis my local so I'm usually on the mountain somewhere :lol:
  • I forced myself onto the bike yesterday to try and get some cardio in. I came back and almost collapsed in agony. Not the best idea........

Will give you a shout, am looking at hopefully being there sometime towards end of Feb back permitting.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    Dan

rest up dont try get on the bike to early it will take you longer to recover..

i did my back 3-4 weeks ago (i had been out riding got back home went to get out of the car to open the gates as i went to stand up to get out the car i felt my back go) dont know why i had not had any slams or owt..
    i to could bearly walk and was in agony just sitting on the couch hurt.. this was a sunday.. on the tuesday i thought i need to be out sick of being in all the time. so i went out for a quick spin did 15miles on the road bike nothing to hard, big mistake when i got home i could not stand up i struggled to walk.
    the warm shower was a god send... i rested up for the last 3 weeks taking it easy.. i felt ok today back was feeling good so i jumped on the road bike and managed 17 miles all seems fine..
    just rest up and take it easy....