Van hire from Toulouse airport?

n1ckster
n1ckster Posts: 158
edited January 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

3 of us are off to the Pyrenees in May for a week. We are flying into Toulouse and are taking our bikes in hard bike boxes.

Would anybody have any reccomendations on van hire companies or other alternatives for hire vehicles; I have checked all the larger hire companies and they do not seem to rent out small vans suitable for the task. It may be we have to hire a people carrier, but they appear to be so expensive.

Any wisdom?

Nick

Comments

• mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I might be able to help you. PM me.

Cheers

Rob
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Garrigou
    Garrigou Posts: 145
    Maybe try www.renault-rent.com. They seem to be quoting €267 for a Kangoo for the week. Don't know if the folding seat versatility would make that big enough or not?
    Alternatively, www.francecars.fr. If you go to the section labelled as 'Utilitaires' they have a selection of vans & minibuses. A 3-seater van seems to be about €52 per day.
    Both are a lot cheaper than e.g. an Espace from the main airport car hire companies.
    Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.
  • We phoned hertz at the airport spoke to a really helpfull chap who aranged it all.
    Training for the Cycle to Spain and the Quebrantahuesos
    www.seeyouinspain.co.uk